Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

Derp derp derp, I meant 1st/3rd. I don't know, I am sure someone out there does. Point is that VATS is shoehorned in and stupid.

IT's quite a step up from the combat in the first two games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BlackLaser posted:

My guess is October 23rd, 2015. October 23rd, 2077 (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War). It's would be a Friday launch, same as Skyrim.

This is my birthday and I live outside of Boston.

Confirmed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I can't wait to kill Wally the Super Mutant under the Green Monstah.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Honestly, the player character being voiced and having a tragic back-story seems really limiting to me. I liked that the New Vegas guy was just some dude or lady from the wastes who delivered mail and got shot in the head. That was it. I didn't like that the DLC introduced this weird narrative revolving around how you accidentally ruined a budding wasteland community and some guy was trying to kill you because of it. It really takes the imagination out of the game. Just let me play pretend as my custom wasteland dude that I spent an hour making.

Lonesome Road was fine in that regard because you didn't actually do it you were just making a delivery like couriers do (that was kind of the point). But yeah it's really gonna be dumb if they go even further down the lovely route FO3 did with the main storyline.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's too bad Obsidian isn't making it though for real.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If only it were legal...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Well, you just described Witcher (which is in fact a licensed game series based on books, even if that gets overlooked a lot!) You can absolutely pull it off with good writing.

"With good writing" being key there.

I don't like it in any game because the player character should be a cipher as video games are not films or books.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

There better be a Cult of Tom Brady that use pumps as weapons.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

slev posted:

Boston sucks, why couldn't they pick a good city?

Hate us 'cause ya aint us.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

i was calling for the Texas Commonwealth which would have owned, but i guess would have been too much like new vegas unless it was east Texas / Arkansas

But we already knew the Commonwealth is MA in the Fallout setting (it's also the most famous state using the term commonwealth). Plus all the Institute stuff.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I preferred 3's setting to New Vegas. Everything in the Capital Wasteland felt like it was in a state of flux, with people huddled into poisoned, bombed-out towns and rotting, mirelurk-infested aircraft carriers because those places only might kill you when what's outside definitely will. New Vegas by comparison just felt a little bit too settled and safe. Nonchalantly wandering off into the hills to shoot varmints should be a death sentence, not a training mission.

I know that some level of normality should have resumed ~200 years after the bombs, but that doesn't mean it makes for a better game.

You run into deathclaws much sooner in New Vegas than you do 3. You can also go the wrong direction and get wrecked by the strongest enemy in any of the newer games (gently caress cazadores).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

True, that was a bad example, I just remember 3's wasteland feeling a lot more dangerous and unpredictable than NV's, and that being the reason 3 hooked me for multiple playthroughs while I played through NV maybe twice.

Bizarre because it's really the opposite. I mean the fact that FO3 is good for probably one playthrough when I went through NV four times (since my computer had to be reformatted or replaced between DLCs so I had to replay to get to them).

It's not just the setting, New Vegas is better in every other way as well.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

thats true except for the DLC with like the neck explosive thing

that one was bad

I did get unlimited money thanks to it though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bholder posted:

Not to mention the overall dungeon design

I mean your posts are wrong and terrible in LoL and the dota threads why stop now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

No for real why do people preorder games you can download all your games now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Like I hadn't bought a console game in years until I bought Bloodborne and the guy's all did you preorder and I go nah and he goes we're all sold out but oh you can just buy a download code.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

man im glad i dont have to go into a store anymore to buy a game and deal with those shitlords

I was only in the store because I had to buy the playstation 4 to play a single video game that I was also buying right then.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How come no super nerds remade FO1 and 2 with GECK or whatever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wachepti posted:

Because FO1 and 2 still look and play better than FO3.

No no they don;'t

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Proposition Joe posted:

It was cool to see a glimpse of Scollay Square in the trailer. I'm wondering if the Combat District is going to be in the game as well?

Combat Zone.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Only raider scum play Fallout games on consoles.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Man it'll be hella sick if the Fallout set in my stomping ground drops on my bday.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

I enjoyed F3 more than NV so F3 was the better game for me.

TO BE FAIR, I did play F3 with all the DLC's and patches so maybe I had more content than usual and less buggs too

Nah base New Vegas is still insanely better in every way than 3 even with all the fixins.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

New Vegas doesn't have Ella Fitzgerald or Billie Holiday on it, making it the poorer product by my most important objective metric.

It has Johnny Guitar though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cargohills posted:

Further cementing the "Fallout 3 is better" argument

That game puts you in the perfect mood you mouth breathing pleb.

Also it's cool how the Legion pronounces Latin how the Romans would've. Gave me history nerd tinglies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Still kinda perturbed that no turbonerds remade 1 and 2 with GECK.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

O_O

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'll show you my speculation

*takes walk on the Freedom Trail snapping pics with my phone*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Morrowind had some really cool world-building, but the guy that was largely responsible for some of the weirdest stuff there is gone, and, as far as I know, most of the leads have left Bethesda too.

So Bethesda is suffering from Blizzarditis.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Liam Neeson is a bad voice actor and a boring actor.

Schindler's List is amazing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

At the very least, I'd like it if Pete Hines did the professional thing and said that they'd try and work on improving it during the time they have left until release. I think what he said was really childish, and that's what really annoys me about this. At the end of the day, it is an improvement over Skyrim in graphical quality and the art design is very good, but I feel like they shouldn't be satisfied with being behind the curve now that other companies are throwing their gauntlets into the open-world ring.

It's childish though he is right.

All the weird quirks and bugs and poo poo of their bad engine and the weird animations and stuff kinda make the game a little bit for me. It just gives it its own character and it never really bothered me much (the only "game breaking" bug I experienced in New Vegas was autosave not updating for days but I quick saved anyway).

Leinadi posted:

EDIT: I'm also someone who enjoyed Dead Money a lot. But yeah, I found the slow playstyle of it fit pretty well with my "regular" playstyle. I can imagine the frustration if you try and run and gun it.
But indeed, a few of the radios broke my patience limit as well, they went too far with it in a few places.

I was a stealth guy so Dead Money didn't bug me much plus it got me unlimited money. I felt Honest Hearts was the weakest one - it seemed really short and Graham was a bit of a letdown after the build up of the Burned Man (though he wa sstill a great character).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 6, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I did. I made it to novac and stashed the bars in my room. It took a long loving while.

Pretty sure each bar is worth more than the max amount of caps any one merchant can have so I just stashed them right outside the DLC.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Imagine if someone like Gearbox got the license.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Doesn't the ropekid mod make it so you aint a god no more.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

My favorite thing was fast traveling somewhere and then seeing a legion assassination group trying to beeline towards me but going all over.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shugojin posted:

If it's anything like the pitt it'll have accents from somewhere nearby that sound totally different.

It's gonna be like how the Scout is supposed to be Bostonian or something (has an achievement that references the Red Sox winning in 2004) but sounds like he's from Brooklyn (and more specifically Vince Offer).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If you couldn't play Johnny Guitar on loop to get you into that New Vegas mood you got a broke brain.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

icantfindaname posted:

I don't think anyone could argue with a straight face that New Vegas' map was better than Skyrim's or even close to it

I can.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blue Raider posted:

yall old world blues wrote the book on bullet sponge enemies

dont be ridiculous. new vegas was a boring rear end empty desert.

They make a desert and call it peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The families on the Strip started out as uncivilized tribals and became the families within living memory (I think even within Benny's lifetime).

• Locked thread