Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

At least this isn't the XCOM 2 thread where every post is about snake tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

JawKnee posted:

I can already see the ":qq: MAH FAMILY" stupid storyline from here
I hope the dog is the cryofrozen family dog that lived :unsmith:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

sout posted:

Fallout 3: Vault 101
Fallout 4: Vault 111
Fallout 5: Name Vault Later
101 -> 21 -> 111 -> 31

The social experiment in Obsidian's Fallout: Lone Star will involve ice cream

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Bolow posted:

After playing Fallout 3 I have created a map of what approximately 70% of Fallout 4 will consist of

It begins. Again.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MinibarMatchman posted:

also not sure why people would preorder this when we don't even know a single thing about it, much less release date. Like at least I can see why you'd order Batman or even the new piece of poo poo AssCreed but man, at least wait til E3 to see if we get some news VATSLOGIC system for Fallout
make critical VATS headshots make the targets' eyes explode, even when shot from back or side of head = return of eyeshots

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ShadowMar posted:

This game is gonna suck but I'm still gonna buy it, all the DLC, and then spend 300+ hours on it because I am a pathetic and depraved human being.
same except with 1000+ hours

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Icept posted:

Don't mean to pile on you, but this is pretty much exactly what the new trailer is showing with it's colorful little townships and wired up towns?
What he says isn't contradicting you, he just says "it doesn't make for a better game"

and that's a bad opinion and he should be flogged and sent to the Metro

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

2house2fly posted:

Ah yes, the endangered and besieged people of Fallout 3 and your heroic quests to save them, including: finding a historical document to donate to the local museum, finding soda pop for a soda pop collector, finding a violin for the old lady, drinking radioactive water for several minutes because that's the only way to get a significant enough dose of radiation for the scientist lady to study radiation sickness.
A quest more sprawling and epic than murdering every legionary in your path, i'm sure

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Genocyber posted:

fnv is cool, fo3 is what twelve-year-olds think is cool hth
reminder that misterbibs is the kind of person who needs to be handheld through world of warcraft quests, ie the easiest quests in any MMO ever

also made pages of posts being annoyed at XCOM's deterministic outcome system without figuring out that's what it is, and even when pointed out still treats that as a save-and-reload game

basically he's the kind of person who sees vanilla skyrim and sighs, "perfection"

also the kind of person valve focus tests to

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 4, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Malpais Legate posted:

Did you forget the part where he couldn't understand the basics of three dimensional movement and how to position his character so it isn't hit from behind?
I missed that part of the bitching but god drat :laffo:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Malpais Legate posted:

As dumb as it sounds, I'll never forgive them if they take out SPECIAL.
Watch them keep SPECIAL but make it not do anything at all

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

I don't see what you're so upset about. Skyrim (and Valve games) is commercially and critically well received, and the same stuff I couldn't stand in WoW are generally the same reason why everyone who came back for the latest expansion have left in what was described as its 'biggest quarterly drop ever'. Don't get me wrong, it'd be fuckin' awesome if I was some bellweather, but at least I'm part of the group that developers listen to, with obvious benefits to having done so.
I admire their dedication to making games for the cognitively handicapped, they should recieve special needs organization awards

also Warlords of Draenor was way easier than the last two expansions i'm sorry that was too hard for you

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

PM me if you want to talk about it there so it's not a derail, but frankly it seems like you're just upset that developers listen to folks like me over someone like you (and that games are better for it).
The developers who don't listen to you make games like Pillars of Eternity and the Witcher 3 which are also very good games for cool people btw

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cthulhoo posted:

wait wait wait. draenor leveling content was hard? loving lol
The concepts of "basic reading" and "paying a tiny amount of attention to game mechanics" were too much for MisterBibs

MisterBibs posted:

Nah, the leveling content was fine. Getting to cap and not being able to flying is unacceptable.
I'm pretty sure the questing became fine when you got fellow guild members who weren't annoyed yet to cruise you through solo quests :eng101:

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 4, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

Superfluous Programming Effectively Caused by Insane Amounts of Laziness
code:
if specialSTR > 0
{
//gently caress it, let obsidian handle this
}

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Raygereio posted:

Gamebryo - not Bethesda's creation, but the thing that you can license - indeed not bad. It's actually decent. Note that Gamebryo is often referred to as a game engine (pretty sure it's also marketted as such), but it's really not. It's a suite of code libraries that's not much more then a graphics renderer.
The developer still needs to add all of the other stuff that goes into a game engine like AI, animation, gameplay logic, etc, etc. If you take the game engine that was used for Oblivion, then Gamebryo is in there somewhere doing its thing, but it's burried under layers and layers of Bethesda's own wonky spaghetti code.
For some dumb reason probably related to licencing a lot of game engines that use Gamebryo are called "Gamebryo" as well which has resulted in a lot of confusion on the Internet (Oblivion, Civ4, Playboy: The Mansion and Epic Mickey don't all use the same engine) and people blaming Gamebryo for the problems Bethesda's lovely QA and wonky spaghetti code caused.
There's a reason why I call it "Bethesda's logic engine"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shugojin posted:

I don't know why you guys are arguing over what caused the war, Mothership Zeta made it clear it was the little aliens :confused:

Mortimer posted:

Yep. According to Zeta aliens stole the launch codes and (probably) started the war.
~canon~
Most of the abductions you see happened while the nukes were already flying so at best they just added a little more glassed landscape to the planet as opposed to starting the MAD chain reaction in the first place

The Enclave and Shi say that China launched the nukes, and there was nobody else alive back then close enough to the conflict to tell so that's all we have to go by.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

OwlFancier posted:

I guess maybe you might trust house with the city rather than yourself or the NCR?

I never really finished FNV properly.
I chose the NCR ending the first time I played because I enjoyed the idea of the NCR ever-expanding east while the EBOS drifts back west and hopefully it explodes into a quagmire of misunderstanding and comedy

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

khy posted:

What does the E stand for?

Eastern

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

I would save Moira though because America needs minds like hers.
Sidequest for Fallout 4: Give Moira a country map to the Big MT

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

khy posted:

I remember being incredibly excited as I went around collecting tin cans, then started digging through dumpsters/garbage cans, then I stepped on a mine and got my legs crippled. I've never had so much fun having hosed up mangled legs.
That also solved bugs with the save system that weren't fixed until New Vegas. Don't ask why, nobody (not even Bethesda) but Obsidian knows.

I wonder if they'll justify the existence of Talon Company in this game, because they were the standout "doesn't make any loving sense at all" faction in the game, even beyond the Anne Rice vampires.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Roobanguy posted:

but what if... new vegas was better written and more fun to play???????
Fallout 3 in New Vegas' engine is a far better play experience than the original game mostly because all of the show stopping bugs have been taken care of so by extension NV is the better game overall due to the engine tweaks made.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

JawKnee posted:

There's probably gonna be some huge reliance on Irish culture in this loving game, maybe a gang of leprechauns too
Finally, the return of the dwarf mutants from Fallout 1/2

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cargohills posted:

unpopular opinion: the vaults in New Vegas were actually pretty lovely
i'm not going to disagree in terms of level design-- vault 34 was the pits and vault 22 had a really bad layout

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Morrowind had some really cool world-building, but the guy that was largely responsible for some of the weirdest stuff there is gone, and, as far as I know, most of the leads have left Bethesda too.
He did write basically every page of text in that game and there are tens of thousands of pages so I can't blame him for staying hands-off from industry. At least we got Morrowind's insane backstory out of it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Speaking of performance, I hope this doesn't basically mandate having an SSD for reasonable load times (a la GTA V and the recent Total Wars) and doesn't take up a fuckhuge amount of space.
52GB is the new 8GB in terms of space requirements

They're using Blu-Rays and they're gonna use every byte of that 50gb whether you like it or not :unsmigghh:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RVWinkle posted:

I guess I'm late to the party but didn't the Gambryo company go under a while back so it's no longer supported and everybody was sure that Bethesda was going to use iD engines for future games featuring dragons and wizard staffs?
Yeah that was a pretty hilarious time and soon after that everyone realized that Gamebryo is simply a renderer and they were actually using the same logic and animation engines as far back as Morrowind :allears:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

Why would they want to? It made sort-of sense to bring them back to make a West Coast story, but Fallout 3 made it clear that they can do a Fallout game that audiences enjoy. If they want to come back to do a LA/Boneyard story, fine, but keep them on a tight leash.

Unrelated: I want to play Fallout 3 since I haven't in a while, but reading the wiki tells me I didn't really check out everything in Old World Blues but I really don't want to reslog through NV to get to a level to do it.
reminder that this person has trouble with world of warcraft quests

crawlkill posted:

don't replay Fallout 3. you're better than that. I don't know who you are, but you're capable of speaking in complete sentences, so you're better than that.
I have bad news for you, speaking in complete sentences is not a prerequisite for working cognitive functions.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

crawlkill posted:

I'm trying to save a life here, let me have some optimism (also you got that backward, it would be working cognitive functions that weren't a prerequisite for speaking in complete sentences, jeez, try and get your weary insults right)
I don't think you know MisterBibs

I'm pretty sure his early-development education consists solely of the back sides of cereal boxes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

crawlkill posted:

you keep editing your posts to try and make them more specifically insulting but the minimal bite has actually diminished each time

you should stop doing that
Are you sure you're even replying to the right person here

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

It's me, lets go.
Mothership Zeta is fun if you use the mod that fills every square foot with aliens

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shugojin posted:

Mothership Zeta is great there's nothing like an appallingly slow spacesuit sequence and then getting stuck because you decided to make a friendly robot and now it's frantically trying to open a door and causing a dialogue window to pop up every second
:agreed:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

crawlkill posted:

never mind, Anime Schoolgirl can insult you in whatever way it prefers
I'm sorry Bethesda broke your mind so much that you try to look for reasons to argue with people who actually agree with you :(

Just play Morrowind again and pretend they never made anything after that

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdx1M9Qj_Mw

The mothership zeta theme was really cool too and I wish they had put it up somewhere at high quality because it only exists as a stream off the fo3 website.
TTW adds dead NCR soldiers to the cargo bay which is funny and appropriate as it's a running joke from within New Vegas itself

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

You keep bringing this up, and you keep forgetting that I loved WoW questing. I had a bunch of alts just because I liked leveling. The only time I had a 'problem' with questing was trying to find cave entrances. Questing was my wheelhouse. Way better than standing next to a large boss hitting a rotation for 10-15 minutes at a time getting loot that'll be replaced by questing greens the next expansion.
I'm sorry the concept that people actually like playing those boss fights for the fights themselves is alien to you, much like some people play games for things other than pavlovian carrot-on-a-stick stimulation.

I'm also sorry for the dozens of people who have had to help you with questing and them espousing their exasperation in the SA WOW threads.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

PervertedLogic posted:

Looking at the big 4K screenshot, I wonder if that's a mock-up for an upgradable home base? You have all sorts of "displays" and it looks like we will be collecting skylander type pip-boys judging by the display in the image. Going by the same logic, that power armor looks awfully modifiable with interchangable parts.
I'm pretty sure that's just some guy's workshop, if it even appears in the regular game. If you want a better point of reference, the home bases in Skyrim aren't much to write home about other than the fact that there's only one loading screen separating you from most of them.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

LEGO Genetics posted:

Experiments to see how people would react to various situations in long periods of isolation. Supposedly for space travel.
The real answer is nuclear war was looming over and "gently caress it, we don't have any real obligation to keep our citizens around (or their well being) why don't we just gently caress with them"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GirlBones posted:

Ammo reloading was game-breakingly awesome, I loved walking around early-mid game with 5,000 10mm SMG bullets. I
What, you didn't like firing every bullet 7 times over? :unsmigghh:

Ammo reloading is largely irrelevant but it gives people with OCD and/or autism an even more infinite supply of ammo

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's Sheogorath in disguise. He needs you to come to Tamriel and freak out the Aldmeri Dominion for a few laughs.
I would have a metric ton of respect for Bethesda if they actually did this at one point during Fallout 4 and DLCs

Just show up with a bear's head hat and a gatling laser and vaporize every foofy elf in the building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

it's actually really easy to play without VATS because the games are easy
the skill system even makes hipfire more accurate than ads because of the auto-hit "feature"

• Locked thread