Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
WHELP guys, they reused some animations, now there's no way I'll enjoy scavenging in this stylized post-apocalyptic wasteland video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003

Dr. Carwash posted:

In every conceivable way, this game will be worse than the Witcher.

Will probably play it anyway though.

The inventory might have a better interface.

Plus flamethrowers are cooler than fireballs.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003

Man Whore posted:

I can't think of any company where the fans hate it as much as Bethesda fans hate bethesda. Maybe Bioware?

Ever heard of a little company called Blizzard?

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003

KakerMix posted:

You play strategy games like you are an eye in the sky. Lean in, look around, fly around taking it all in. The stereoscopic part about VR is the 'wow' factor and it works insanely well with an RTS type game. The upshot is your brain is ok with this.
FPS are a problem because it's so convincing that your brain has real trouble with sitting down when it thinks you should be running. That and the way we make fps right now isn't realistic at all. Nobody runs and jumps around like fps characters do, nobody holds a gun on the side of their face and nobody has their head locked to the movements of their hands like characters do in FPSs (Arma being an exception).
You can't just slap VR on a game and have it work well, it's a whole new thing you have to make work.

Those are all interesting points. Now I'm wondering if Arma would translate to the Oculus more smoothly than other games.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Will a VPN help me play this on my TI-89? US Central Time if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003

TRON JEREMY posted:

Todd Howard voice: why wouldn't some shellshocked rip van winkle run headlong into the nearest gunfight and massacre a bunch of randos for less than zero reason

Everyone handles grief differently.

• Locked thread