Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, A+ sperg rant going on in this. You can literally hear the little white pockets of spittle that form in the corners of his mouth... what an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I saw 'When the wind blows' on German TV at about age 14 iirc. In the afternoon kiddie program. I watched it again much later and even as an adult it is loving depressing.
It is like the first 5 minutes of 'UP' but feature length...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
This looks great, I will buy it (non-pip boy, though I like the gimmick).

And boy am I glad I will be forced to be a middle aged, (inset choice of skin color here) family man like god intended instead of special snowflake Shutterfly-rapist with 6+ genders to chose from.

Do people not see this? Being a Joe Average in every way makes it easiest to forget any kind of "forced upon you" (pfft, grow up) personal backstory while dicking around in the sandbox wasteland.
If you suddenly had a totally non standard dude it would be way more difficult to forget it and pretend it is you yourself who shoots plasma into mutant faces.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well that's what I ment. "you yourself" means more like whatever you imagine your dude to be rather than "Me, Olaf Goonson, age 32, single (by choice of course, still a regular sex-haver I'll have you know), IT guy, stranded in the wastelands".

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

There should also be cheevo and point-based unlocks and prestige ranks

Don't forget optional cosmetic only skins for 5 $ per clothing item as well as random drop weapon crates and the corresponding 2.50 $ keys you have to buy in the BethStoreTM to open them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Have you ever thought about the fact that an alternate-50s style world that borrows heavily from that period might also reflect that periods stereotypical idea of you Joe Average adult?
Afaik the stereotype in the 50s was to marry, have kids and be a good American citizen.
The entire vault ads are based around this "Take your family to safety" etc.
There is a reason why you are Nondescript Male Family Man instead of Gaybeard the Wasteland Butt-Pirate as main protagonist. It simply fits the entire theme better.

Just relax and take it for what it is. A rough sketch of a background story to introduce you to a world.
Alternatively, don't play the game.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

Thanks, Bethesda! I always hated making new characters and playing the game in a different way. Now that I can master everything in one go, I'll never need to make a new character again.

Let me remind you of FO3's "achievements":
Reach level 10 with good karma
Reach level 20 with good karma
Reach level 30 with good karma

Reach level 10 with neutral karma
Reach level 20 with neutral karma
Reach level 30 with neutral karma

Reach level 10 with bad karma
Reach level 20 with ... Oh gently caress this game, I have had enough of this poo poo...

So you either exploit karma generation mechanisms (if possible in FO4) or you play 3 characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Random post:
I went into the new exhibition in the Dublin Science Gallery today. It is called SECRET and is about encryption etc.
They have a lock picking exhibit where they give you a lockpick and let you try your luck at 1,2,3,4 and 5 pin locks that look exactly like fallout locks. I failed at the 4 pin one.

Go see it if you are in Dublin line, it is really good and free.

• Locked thread