Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Republican Vampire posted:

The one thing I am legit excited about is that it looks like there'll be less of the cargo cult fanfic poo poo that made fallout 3 so bad.

The leaked audition script says otherwise. It has the player VA do both the War Never Changes speech and a sample quest dialogue. It also said they were just looking for one male and one female voice.

Nobuyuki "Link" Hiyama and Jennifer "Samus" Hale. VAing is a solved problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I never got too into exploration in F3 because typically the answer to "what will I find?" is dumb crap like the Gary clones. NV had stuff like the Boomers, which for good or ill kinda made it feel like you never left main story behind. IDK, maybe it depends on your tolerance for Random.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Firstborn posted:

Yes, but FO3 has a few pop references, too, so I suspect they will build on them.

- I think the Mad Max reference would be cool if a named powerfist is called "Furiosa"

Instead of Mysterious Stranger there's a perk for Doof Warrior.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Digital trips? If you steal anything from an open world Ubisoft game, make it that.

• Locked thread