Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

EDIT: nvm

Morbleu fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Any early consensus on whether full INT builds are as desired as before for max stat/exp?

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

no, it looks like intelligence is actually the worst stat for xp gain. you want to be dumb as gently caress and get the idiot savant perk for max xp. but this comes at the expense of high tech mods. and skills are gone, so more points for stat distribution are irrelevant. also the level cap is gone, so there's no trying to cram in as many gains as you could within the level cap like in that last two games. here, you can check it out for yourself on this site.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special

Awesome, thanks. I was going for a high Agi/Perception/luck build for stealth snipes like I normally do. There are so many ranks of skills looking in that calc you sent that it's interesting you can also use points on SPECIAL but I don't know if that's even worth it.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

remember you also get a +1 bobblehead for each stat, plus a book that gives you a bonus point to a stat of your choice. just keep in mind some of the bobbleheads are found later in the game, so don't put off an essential perk in your build as one you can just get once you unlock it with a bobblehead.

For what it's worth I'm going to run:

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=72.8.4.7.6

Carry weight blows but gently caress it. I get all my sniper perks available immediately.

EDIT: The only thing I may want later is another point in INT for scrapper.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

you should really try to squeeze in lifegiver and science! imo, at least with your +1. high tech mods for a sniper will be important, and lifegiver will help you out if you ever end up in close combat, since your endurance and hp are poo poo poo poo poo poo.

I'm not sure where to squeeze out 4 points. 1 point I can take from Sniper in perception because I wouldn't use those perks anyways except occasional novelty on knocking down headshot crit'd people. I could feasibly make the case to take 4 points out of perception because those last 4 aren't super critical...but then 3 perception might be too little to see what enemies health and badass status is...any thoughts on that?

EDIT: I guess 2 points down, to account for 2 bobbleheads (assuming different stats) but lifegiver and science! seem important from the get go

Morbleu fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 10, 2015

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

What about this?

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=76.8.3.4.6.5

+1 all around would give you your ninja perk, and you can put your skill book into luck. +2 in luck would give you both your critical bonuses. Someone earlier said the perception bobblehead is in the early game, so you could also get your sniper perk tree open really quickly. I don't think science! would be super important early, because high tech content like that might be locked in for after you progress a bit.

I dropped one from perception on that build and added to INT, so that the bobblehead for INT, Perception, and Luck would all give me what I need in the end...maybe?

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

that link is loving up for me now, and i don't think it registered right.

you could subtract sniper for lifegiver, depending on which one you want first. +2 in luck. i think this would cover everything for a good sniper build.

Fair enough.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=76.6.3.5.7.5

I don't care about sniper (never use vats and sway never bothered me), or refractor that much. So I dropped 2 from that, to get life giver + ninja at the beginning. If I'm not getting better criticals I might as well get the ninja multiplier right away. Thanks for the help.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Does anyone know if Righteous Authority's double crit damage stacks with all the crit perks? I would assume so...because it's fallout.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
I'm doing a quest with Deacon...and I have MacGready the sniper companion...somehow Deacon switched weapons and has my sniper companion's sniper, and my companion has Deacon' laser pistol...what the gently caress?

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
gently caress the melee button also being mines/grenades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW99PdWAlXI

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Does sneak ever not suck horrible dick? I have rank 3 (rank 4 in two levels), and it's not possible to stealth kill in any timely matter. Kill someone? Now I have to wait 90 seconds for caution to go back to "hidden." Not to mention people just look at me sneaking from 100 feet away (moving slowly) and see me.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
How long is the main story? Slight spoilers below

I just nuked Kellogg's ugly loving face...and someone told me that's "Act 1" and now I'm on to "act 2" and it was like...3 loving quest steps to get through what is presumably half

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Do you keep companions perk from maxing their affinity if you make them go home? I just got Deacon's and would like to cycle him out but want to keep the perk.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Dorkopotamis posted:

So the "Chameleon" modifier that ups your stealth while standing still is very useful, BUT the effect it has, when it toggles, will brighten and then immediately dim the screen. For me this causes immense eyestrain over the course of a sneaking session and makes the any equipment with this modifier unusable.

Has anyone else found this to be an issue?

Yup. Also it makes looking at your pipboy a nightmare, from not showing the borders and being shiny opaque to straight being blank. I took my chameleon gear off permanently from this.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
I figured out how to kill deathclaws (my melee only character)...gravity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3XnNHMXfks

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

When does the Brotherhood questline continue?

I'm running around the Institute getting ready to instigate civil war and Danse still doesn't have anything to say to me.

Ages back some people in Diamond City made ambient comments about a Brotherhood flying city arriving, but I haven't seen any other sign of it.

I had the Prydwen (brotherhood blimp) arrive after I left a certain building (I don't remember but it wasn't THAT far into the quest..maybe after Kellogg) as part of the main quest well before I ever hit the institute. It gives you like a panoramic view as it flies in and poo poo...not sure what happened to yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Seashell Salesman posted:

Actually I just tested this again and now I'm seeing the message about stealth multiplier being applied, so maybe it does work?

My first attempt at building a character in this I was trying to build the whole character around stacking stealth + VATS crit and it wasn't procing so now I really don't know what the gently caress. Considering restarting but so many hours sunk into settlement building...

If hidden and using vats you get both sneak + crit (if you use a crit). It does stack.

• Locked thread