Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure that the whole point is that he's like that. You have someone who was probably a pedantic rear end in a top hat before the virus, he was also clearly suffering from depression at the beginning. Throw in years of isolation and you get him.

Yes, its a little over the top, but its supposed to be about a selfish rear end in a top hat that accidentally gives people hope and brought the last people on earth together.

I dunno, I don't really think he's that unlikable, his character is more of the anti-straight man in a cast of straight men.

Yeah this. I think goons sperged out initially because Phil ended up not being literally The Last Man on Earth. They thought it was going to be Castaway with Will Forte. They don't get that the title comes from the phrase, "I wouldn't gently caress you even if you were The Last Man on Earth."

Phil CAN'T change. That's the loving point. If he changes and becomes likable then he also becomes fuckable, and then the entire premise of the show goes out the window. Everyone should be watching season one thinking something like "how is he going to screw up getting laid this week" because THAT'S the joke... that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

I think they disliked it because it stopped being funny and probably not because they insist on strict adherence to titles.

Hey, I'm just going by the initial complaints like I said! If you think people didn't like it for that then just go back and read the thread. It was a common complaint for some reason.

EDIT: And obviously I didn't mean every single person all the time... There of COURSE can be other reasons people didn't like it. Thanks for pointing out I didn't include that clause. I didn't think that needed to be typed out. goons

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 29, 2015

• Locked thread