Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I just saw commercials for Legends, I was 100% sure this show had been cancelled. Guess Sean Bean isn't dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Dauber is like 70 years old now and you can't have Coach without Dauber. It was never going to happen. Nelson is ecstatic since he gets paid regardless.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

thrawn527 posted:

Dauber's 57, was just on How I Met Your Mother a couple of years ago as Marshall's dad, and voices Patrick on Sponge Bob.

Yes, I know he isn't 70 years old but Nelson is. It was just my way of saying that another series of Coach was a bad idea. Most of the time when a show ends it should stay ended.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

less laughter posted:

All of the Amazon/Netflix shows already have their own threads.

I don't believe this is true. I mean, I haven't gone looking but just glancing at the index, there are shows missing. Granted, those shows probably don't deserve threads (Between) but that would be the point of a catch all thread.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

BSam posted:

Are there any unclaimed but bad shows that you goons will end up watching anyway?

Last man on earth

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Ravane posted:

Goons like to hate on it because they dislike the main character. They don't understand that the main character doesn't have to be likeable. He is who he is. People are lovely.

The show is true to life. I think it's pretty good too.

Goons cream their jeans over shows with unlikable characters but LMOE uses the same shtick over and over and over ... and Tandy is unlikable in a non-compelling way; like a creepy uncle that everyone hopes doesn't come to the kid's birthday party. The show is otherwise well done and Carol is a great character. If the writing improves it could become a legit good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Aphrodite posted:

I think they disliked it because it stopped being funny and probably not because they insist on strict adherence to titles.

This. The first and last episodes were great with a few great moments sprinkled between but for the most part it wasn't good.

• Locked thread