Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

computer parts posted:

Well, going by the Simpsons 6 seasons is right around when people start hating on the show anyway. :v:

Nah, the simpsons only started it's decline then. Depending on who you ask it was 3 or 4 more seasons before they took a nosedive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wormil posted:

Last man on earth

I marathoned Season 1on Hulu a month ago, I think it is a pretty good show.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wormil posted:

Goons cream their jeans over shows with unlikable characters but LMOE uses the same shtick over and over and over ... and Tandy is unlikable in a non-compelling way; like a creepy uncle that everyone hopes doesn't come to the kid's birthday party. The show is otherwise well done and Carol is a great character. If the writing improves it could become a legit good show.

I'm pretty sure that the whole point is that he's like that. You have someone who was probably a pedantic rear end in a top hat before the virus, he was also clearly suffering from depression at the beginning. Throw in years of isolation and you get him.

Yes, its a little over the top, but its supposed to be about a selfish rear end in a top hat that accidentally gives people hope and brought the last people on earth together.

I dunno, I don't really think he's that unlikable, his character is more of the anti-straight man in a cast of straight men.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mister Kingdom posted:

I did manage to get through two minutes of one episode.

I think I made it 5, of course most of that was trying to figure out where I left the remote.

• Locked thread