Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For all his super spiderman senses, somehow Hannibal either couldn't tell where the music was coming from, and/or forgot where the record player (of course) was located.

Also, how the gently caress did they discover Scully's wine purchasing pattern? Maybe it was explained and I missed it... but it's not like the small mom & pop shop has an integrated real-time inventory and accounting system one could hack into. So did they have someone go through all wine shops everywhere and dig through their receipt carbon copies?

Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying this as much as the previous seasons but it does being to approach being a bit too much. I think the advantage of having the occasional MoTW episodes was that they'd break up the intensity and endless closeup and slomo poo poo about snails with other random creeps and people behaving more or less normally at the FBI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no, piggly four...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I like how he didn't really come up with anything that wouldn't be discovered normally by a competent person

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

How does a blind person know how much chemical to put in a beaker?

The same way they can tell if a picture they developed is properly exposed and what adjustments are needed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

That was the fakest looking tiger I've ever seen. Why not just use a Tigger doll instead.

The scene was quite nice overall but agreed.At first I thought it actually was and that was his plan, but nope.

Brock Samson posted:

Canada was sleeping on Hannibal I guess

I dont think you can throat fist someone quite that far... from what the internet has taught me?

I could see that working with sufficient motivation.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I wasn't even that surprised by Bedelia's leg roast because I was more dsitracted by the :sonia:. I'm definitey not complaining but whoa.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
and chicken rapists :gonk:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That, and the extremely pretentious execution certainly didn't help things either.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

You can call it pretentious I guess, and maybe that's not completely inaccurate. But the symbolism, lighting, costuming, and cinematography were half of the appeal of the show.

Ersatz posted:

It's a strange criticism to make, at any rate. What does mobby think that Hannibal was pretending to be?

"We are not making television. We are making a pretentious art film from the 80s.” - Bryan Fuller.

Anyway, it's not really a criticism from my end, I enjoyed all this stuff! But I think opening episodes with 5 minutes of slo-mo closeups and all the other bizarre poo poo would definitely make it more difficult for your average viewer to get into the show, especially compared to more straightforward episodes earlier on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alris posted:

Interesting how HIV is fine but AIDS is a big no-no.

Well that's how the first guy got infected originally. That, or loving the monkey.

Apparently common cold is out too? Seems like a perfect excuse for avoiding being eaten by a cannibal.

• Locked thread