Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
One of the worst movies I've seen this year.

The gimmick with using deaf actors and no subtitles feels like a giant waste, and it's more frustrating because you can tell the narrative (and there's barely a narrative here) has to get explained in a really elongated way due to the format. But at least the "silent film" idea is admirable. I couldn't understand the use of long takes for every scene. There's no purpose to it other than showing off how good everyone is at rehearsing. I just can't stand movies that use the long take to show off how impressive and artistic it is when it's completely empty and artless. Leave long takes to the people who know how to use them (ex. Bela Tarr, Tsai Ming-Liang, Chantal Akerman). This is just a miserable, arthouse version of Birdman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread