Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm not paying a huge amount of attention but is the son actually dead? Really didn't expect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hope everyone dies and the show turns into a sitcom about a family of abbies.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Them setting abbies on fire and waving flamethrowers around directly in front of the critical field of food was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a while. Then they had like 6 guys picking an entire field in the middle of the night and somehow end up with 4 trucks full of corn and apples. Those are some drat good pickers, especially in gas masks and wearing gloves and poo poo.

I'm not really clear on how the Abbies actually killed off all of humanity. Or did we do it to ourselves environmentally and the abbies are just what is left over after everyone died of heat stroke or something? I can't say they really feel like much of an existential threat.

I wonder how long it'll be before we have a plotline about another group of survivors that have been living underground or whatever.

Not quite hate-watching this show yet but man is it not great.

Queers And Fears
Apr 30, 2006
Look out for Ole Miss in 06!

CODChimera posted:

I'm not paying a huge amount of attention but is the son actually dead? Really didn't expect that.

The son is dead. It was pretty anticlimactic. He somehow is surviving outside the gate and you think he will be able to sneak back in during the harvest but nope, killed by three abbies. Not really sure what his mom's role will be now.

NmareBfly posted:

Them setting abbies on fire and waving flamethrowers around directly in front of the critical field of food was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a while. Then they had like 6 guys picking an entire field in the middle of the night and somehow end up with 4 trucks full of corn and apples. Those are some drat good pickers, especially in gas masks and wearing gloves and poo poo.

I'm not really clear on how the Abbies actually killed off all of humanity. Or did we do it to ourselves environmentally and the abbies are just what is left over after everyone died of heat stroke or something? I can't say they really feel like much of an existential threat.

I wonder how long it'll be before we have a plotline about another group of survivors that have been living underground or whatever.

Not quite hate-watching this show yet but man is it not great.

I was expecting them to catch the crops on fire. It would have been great if one of the burning abbies ran into the field and burned all of their crops.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

MaC_DaDDy posted:

I was expecting them to catch the crops on fire. It would have been great if one of the burning abbies ran into the field and burned all of their crops.

Yeah there were shots with grim faced in-charge man squinting at a burning corpse like 2 feet away from the rows of corn but apparently it's fine to just let them sit there and roast. I mean, you can't control fire so why even bother trying? :effort:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cage posted:

Man, thats super convenient for the guy.

Ruby is a god damned stripper's name.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

NmareBfly posted:

From what I remember from the first season, humanity devolved into Abbies after wrecking the planet. The people of Wayward Pines were frozen for a couple millennia, so they're that far behind in "evolving" to be the same.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oblivion4568238 posted:

From what I remember from the first season, humanity devolved into Abbies after wrecking the planet. The people of Wayward Pines were frozen for a couple millennia, so they're that far behind in "evolving" to be the same.

Yeah, Abbies are what happened to humanity who didn't get frozen.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I feel reading about the trainwreck that is season 2 is much preferable to watching it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaoooooo they killed Muppet. He was actually the most likeable guy on the show once he went all insurgent, but he just gives himself up? Then gets kicked out of town. Then he tries to get back in by asking a guy. Then he walks around for a bit. Then he dies.

Why was ANY of that necessary to show? Was that one abbie running off into the night at the end supposed to be him??

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Slowly they will kill off all the remaining Season 1 cast over the next few episodes. :allears:

At least the doctor is somewhat attempting to question why the Hitler Youth is in charge.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is that hot preppy chick the girl from Hannibal?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rocksicles posted:

Is that hot preppy chick the girl from Hannibal?

Yep, Kacey Rohl. She's great, and easily doing the best acting on the show now.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
So how is this show? I'm thinkin about giving it a shot.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly it's poo poo, but it's entertaining poo poo with moments of brilliance.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The mom was super obnoxious. Yelling and screaming is a sure way to get your way, or get hung.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

GreenNight posted:

The mom was super obnoxious. Yelling and screaming is a sure way to get your way, or get hung.

It's not like she has anything to lose, as far as she knows the town has taken her husband and her son. So why not make as big of a scene as possible so the dictatorial leadership can't just sweep you under the rug?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, Abbies are what happened to humanity who didn't get frozen.

Because evolution only takes two thousand years for people to go from humans to that, right?

Is the son really dead though? I took it as he was about to get attacked but then all the abbies disappeared.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

SteveVizsla posted:

Because evolution only takes two thousand years for people to go from humans to that, right?

Is the son really dead though? I took it as he was about to get attacked but then all the abbies disappeared.

Pure speculation, but based on the preview I expect to learn that he got taken in/rescued by the other group of survivors

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SteveVizsla posted:

I don't think they said it was evolution but a widespread genetic disorder caused by pollution.

The funniest thing about the Abbies is how they're still blurring out the butts. Like, maybe figure out another way to do that?

Anyway, season 2 continues to be not very good. Mostly in how everything that is happening feels super pointless, especially with how they've been consistently killing off season 1 characters.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Yeah, it's like "ok, here's all the people that survived Season 1. Now they'll come back for an episode and IMMEDIATELY DIE". :jerkbag:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I got about halfway through the first episode and quit. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Too many good shows to waste my time on this.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Anybody still watching this? The last two episodes have been a great combo of campy with some serious potential.

Every time somebody owns the former teacher/hypnotherapist--GOLD

Wayward Pines: The Musical? GOLD

The board game guide to sex in the "Reproduction Chamber" with Pilcher's face glowering down? GOLD

Also some cool serious stuff with the possibility that Abbies are intelligent and have a culture. The Doctor is seriously cool. I'm digging how he rages against the machine. I also liked the "Good Morning Citizens of Wayward Pines" address; reminded me of "The Prisoner."

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I think it's more of a female dominated hivemind, complete with psychic communication and control than a culture.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
This season should be called "Wayward Pines: Menstruation"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What the hell is T on that sex board game?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Touching? Tickling? Tongue? Torsion? Testicle play?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

This show really makes me root for the extinction of all humanity as a finale.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah those baldies can't overrun that wall fast enough. My guess is the abbies fill the town and start killing everyone but doctor man throws himself in front of hitler jr's bullet when he tries to shoot the queen and the abby attacks stop.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 30, 2016

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

NmareBfly posted:

This show really makes me root for the extinction of all humanity as a finale.

Same. The decision to have maybe one likable and trustworthy character per season is not paying dividends the way I think they want it to. Also that we now objectively know that the Abbies are the wronged party and their actions are wholly justified - if not heroic - makes the mission of the show irreparably garbled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't believe they killed YET ANOTHER first season cast member.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

I hate this show, but I cant stop watching it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No posts at all?

I actually thought this was one of the more interesting episodes in awhile (it's still a terrible show though.)

Are there any more Season 1 cast left to murder?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

bull3964 posted:

No posts at all?

I actually thought this was one of the more interesting episodes in awhile (it's still a terrible show though.)

Are there any more Season 1 cast left to murder?

I think it's down to just Jason.

And yeah, I thought this was the best ep of the season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Looking through IMDB, it seems we still have Arlene and Adam Hassler!

Seriously though, top 10 characters by episode count on IMDB. The body count on this show is amazing.

Megan Fisher (17 episodes, 2015-2016)
Dr. Jenkins / ... (15 episodes, 2015-2016)
Theresa Burke (14 episodes, 2015-2016)
Arlene Moran (13 episodes, 2015-2016)
Jason Higgins (12 episodes, 2015-2016)..
Ben Burke (12 episodes, 2015-2016)
Kate Hewson (11 episodes, 2015-2016)
Nurse Pam (11 episodes, 2015-2016)
Ethan Burke (10 episodes, 2015)
Dr. Theo Yedlin (10 episodes, 2016)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really enjoying this season. The new leading man is perfect, no muss, no fuss.
Just woke up from a nice 2000 year long sex dream, to a hideous nightmare. Get's to work unfucking everything.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Echoing that I didn't think this was a good enough show to pull off a legit good ep. Though with how long it's taken to get here I can't imagine a satisfying conclusion that isn't the Abbies swarming the town in triumph.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah I liked this episode a lot. I always assumed the town was somehow preserved but it looks like they literally started from scratch. Proto Abby was neat too but the way he was dressed and the things he said it was like society only recently started going to poo poo, or was several years in. But he was partially changed and the video feeds suggest things went dark much earlier.

Curious if there's more to that or if they just wanted a kinda handsome sympathetic guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was an interesting episode but man, everything with the Abbies really should have been happening earlier in this season. Especially with how quickly the introduced and then dropped the whole "resistance" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this? posted:

It was an interesting episode but man, everything with the Abbies really should have been happening earlier in this season. Especially with how quickly the introduced and then dropped the whole "resistance" thing.

Yeah the Smart Abbies and the Resistance should have been woven together, but now it's revealed Abbies were there first and know the layout/storm drain system so people with an inside knowledge of the town geography aren't important now. Maybe it will be revealed Muppet got swarmed by those 3 abbies but was saved by the Queen and he is helping them. Probably not though seems like they are dead set on wiping out the entire first season cast.

• Locked thread