Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Well, didn't see that coming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm calling it that the doctor created the holocaust and/or the creatures, so he could have his perfect little village.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Norwegian Rudo posted:

But the Doctor was setting everything up in 2014, and the coin from 2095 signifies that society continues functioning for decades after the doctor presumably freezes himself. Not saying it's impossible, but they would need a clever explanation.

Good point. If I'm right though, I'll find whatever explanation they give more plausible than, "The doctor totally predicted that hundreds of years from now people would evolve into these specific monsters and destroy society and we couldn't stop them with like guns and medicine and stuff and gene therapy in the year 2095."

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Kegslayer posted:

I find it hilarious that the doctor needs to preserve human culture by only saving a bunch of mostly white middle class Americans.

In fairness his pool of potential candidates appears to have been Seattle and Idaho.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

anotherone posted:

I'm pretty sure they were lying behind a big thing of sandbags, or seeds or something.

I think the change in Nurse Pam's character is character development, she used to be a True Believer but she's starting to realize that they kind of did a bad thing and it's not working out too well. I thought her reaction to Reggie admitting to deleting stuff showed that she felt- or is starting to feel- the same way he did.

Yeah, but for it to happen over the span of 12 seconds, with literally no other impetus, was pretty lazy.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
BTW if Pilcher froze humanity after he discovered the genetic mutation but before it took effect, isn't everyone in WP or their direct ancestors an eventual monster too?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I feel like one episode is just enough for thie Kid's "Now you're a hero' arc to have only negative consequences for Ethan.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
What a dumbass loving show, I want my money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Are they saying that submission is the natural state of the human race instead of revolt against oppression, or some duality poo poo about one will always exist because of the other?

• Locked thread