Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Hypnolobster posted:

I keep a fancy 2.5lb halon extinguisher in my DD, which I only have because I bought it originally for my old ACVW that I sold. This reminds me that I really need an extinguisher for my apartment, too.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BZIK66

If yours is that MX250B, don't be surprised when you use it and powder comes out instead of halon; it's a dry chemical extinguisher.

Just as well, since Halotron 1 extinguishers seem to start around twice as expensive

fjelltorsk posted:

Why does american firefighters seem so stubborn not to don their masks when working a car fire?

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Mooseykins posted:

Not sure how you'd break a window with no tool.

Well, if it's down enough to get your fingers in, see around 2 minutes into this video

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

thanks to this thread, when I was riding in my friend's '91 Prelude Si for the first time yesterday, when he said "poo poo my car is smoking" and pulled over I knew we shouldn't pop the hood.

it turned out the smoke was coming from the tailpipe because the fiber-reinforced metal cylinder sleeves in the thing's B21A1 engine are so tough and indestructible that they beat the poo poo out of the piston rings, and he overfilled the oil by about a quarter quart, but it's the thought that counts.

(later he discovered that passing someone who's going 30 in a 55 leaves them in an impenetrable oily blue cloud)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Black88GTA posted:

Kind of unrelated to the topic, but this is a known B21A1 thing. That motor is poo poo. Swap in a B20A5 from an 88 - 89 and enjoy years of trouble free motoring.

he knows, but it's the first time he'd overfilled it :v:

• Locked thread