Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Has anybody on the workshop built a good base to base automatic bus service yet? Because I'd love to see that.
Also, they really need to add an all-in-one airlock object for this game, I've built one using timers and doors and vents and so on but its takes up a lot of space and its not very easy to put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The Moving Sun without the skybox makes it look like you are geing gauged by the enormous flaming eye of a distant Eldar god. If you can change the color of the sun and light for custom skyboxes, that should definately be a theme.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
A friend of mine showed me this: http://imgur.com/a/WrWGh

A clever clogs variety of type's managed to get beta planets working in the current version of Space engineers, though its kind of a weird process involving the merging of assets from Medeival engineers. Looks absolutely stunning, it even has trees and flowers.

Here's the guide on how to do it, though please note you will need to own both games before you should attempt this: https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/3fiiqz/complete_foolproof_tutorial_for_planets/

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Doors are buggin out at the moment, might wanna wait for the hotfix to drop.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Me and a bunch of other people are having problems with worlds with planets in them. Namely the computer usage goes haywire and everything goes unresponsive, is anyone else here experiencing this? I think it might be a limitation with my graphics card but I noticed that people with more than reasonable setups are having the same issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
One thing that made me stop playing this game was how terrifying the memory usage was, ealier versions would use up so much memory trying to load it that I would need to have the task manager active as a kill switch so my computer wouldn't hardlock. The single player campaign was so ridiculous that it was like a slideshow that took forever to load so I couldn't even finish it. However they seemed to have done a great job in fixing the main problems, but I'm still hesitent to load it up again.

I remember that they had an internal demo that used the GPU instead of the CPU for running this game and I wonder if they ever implemented any of that code.

• Locked thread