Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Perhaps a set of landing gears / maglocks to help hold the thing to be shredded in place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Which of the small power blocks (large/small reactors / batteries) has the best mass:energy ratio? I want to make a space hotrod

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Do we know if the modder did the scaling on it at all? Models can exist in any size and can be scaled around in most game engines.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Can I make a spaceship entirely out of spiders yet?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Hydrogen doesn't blow up on it's own very well in real life without oxygen to buddy up with it...

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Some dude on the other forums suggested that they make a gas giant skybox as the official one, and then we could be derping around between planetary moons and ring systems to explain the scale. Still is too small for that but whatever.

Also, now with the hydrogen thrusters I can make my ridiculous space hotrod a reality!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I am wondering how they will model planetary gravity, though. While it'd be really cool if they went ahead and followed the inverse square rule and implemented orbits and stuff, I can also see that being incredibly annoying once you get out into space and want to get away from things. It'd be weird to see a hard cutoff of some sort though, where you just go from Planetary Gravity - > Nothing after a certain distance. I don't know what I'd want.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
In that case, would it get stronger as you go deeper? (Until you hit the center then it'd be effectively zero, but your computer can't handle that probably).

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
But given how things tend to go in this game, it'll still never increment past 0.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yes but hazard striping / checkerboarding is what you put on cool stuff that explodes and makes fire, so you put it on things to make them explode / go on fire harder! The truk should be red and the boosters get the stripes!

I do wish there was a way to paint a decal or something over a multiple block area. I want to designate hazard zones for moving parts and airlocks and stuff. I'm woefully out of compliance with space OSHA...

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Spookydonut posted:

Ummm... okay this might sound obvious or dumb but with a couple of bottles you can basically make it into space with your jetpack.

Might need a speed mod (but probably not, just bring more bottles)

But then you wont have all the toys you made up there with you!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Planets lag the everliving poo poo out of my computer, unfortunately.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Rather hard to distinguish from a distance, which I think is why they have the noisy camo on the heavy armor. Maybe big scary riveted plates or something?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Spookydonut posted:

An error occurred during a connection to https://www.praiseclang.com. Peer reports it experienced an internal error. Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

I get that too. Try doing just http

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh boy, airframe parachutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Woah. Might be able to actually run this game with planets on my potato of a computer now.

• Locked thread