Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

I hope that the planet surfaces aren't shallow, I really want to go get my planet cracking on.

Nothing can go wrong with this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This week's FUN bug is.... :rolldice:

Your spacesuit rapidly drains O2 and Energy much, much faster than it should be! :confuoot:

Yeah I dunno,I found if you put your helmet on your energy goes to 0% instantly. I think taking off the helmet acts the same way, but at least you don't suffocate now. I found the trick is to put the helmet on then get in a seat instantly, it usually cures the energy drain.

Kinda sucks when I was switching from creative to survival and I was outside my ship using my jet pack, which caused me to go flying off into the void.

I also made a new ship in anticipation of planets. The door isn't designed for that at all, but hey.

It's about half the size of the red ship, but weighs 50% more, its a sturdy little ship. I've got the alpha shield generator mod and that has been letting me knock over pirate forts a lot easier now.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I've been playing a ton of Elite Dangerous lately and now I wanted to build a ship more along the scale of that. I went about building a small block ship that I can run around on with a landing ramp to get my planets on.

I'm terrible at painting though, so I haven't really tried. It flies really well though!

I named it the Seeker, it finds things. :shrug:

I also discovered a bug where small ship oxygen tanks don't seem to refill or do anything at all, so I hope that's fixed tomorrow. Kinda put a damper on exploring when I found that out after switching to survival.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Looks like something is up with the oxygen tanks still. What's this about the tanks being renamed, did that just happen or is it going to? I guess if they've been renamed that might explain why my small ship explorer's tanks don't fill. I can get the cabin to fill with oxygen but not get it to store the air. I go through a shitton of ice when I vent the whole engineering section out the boarding ramp every time.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I can't wait to misjudge the gravity and my ship's thrusters so I eat poo poo from orbit. Then try to hunker down in the busted wreck while alien hellspawn tries to find a way inside.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I've just finished my next ship that's supposed to explore planets. I wanted it to carry a rover on an elevator, and I guess I was right on time.

I've got mag-lock pads in the hangar to hold the piston in place and a smaller one on the bottom of my rover to stick it to the elevator. Fun times were had with the elevator ripping out the back of my ship.

These pictures slightly older and before I cleared its line of fire a bit, I found it would shoot off its own parts at close range.

My little Apollo rover.

Testing on that one fake planet map didn't go so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I'm still obsessed with making small grid ships. This time I wanted to copy some more stuff from Elite ships to make an explorer. I ended up with a weird hybrid of the Asp and Type-6.

I also wanted to try making fake radiators and I think they came out decently.

Its fat as hell at 310 tons and I pancaked it on the Earth-like. Turns out about 4 m/s doesn't cut it especially when the hydrogen runs out halfway to landing. :v:

• Locked thread