Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I just realized that you can weld a blueprinted ship/station without placing the actual parts, so long as you have something connected to work off of (a landing gear, a series of light armor blocks reaching out, etc)

Projectors are loving magical. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of printing entire ships.

Oh my god, it's beautiful.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

I still see zero point in pressurizing ship interiors when you can just carry oxygen tanks with you, especially given explosive decompression loses you a ton of precious oxygen.
Pressurizing an entire large ship/station? Yeah, probably not a great idea.

Oxygen tank or generator on a small ship, hooked up via conveyor to the cockpit? The Best Idea.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

I assumed you knew about twin grinders, no longer will you nudge a ship you're salvaging and send it drifting off.

This pisses me off to no end. I will have to look into twin grinders

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I'm running into a new issue where block facing just randomly loving changes if I mouse away from whatever I was just working on, which is a real issue when I'm working with stuff like 2x1x1 slopes. It's like it's trying to predict what kind of facing I want the slope or whatever to be instead of just using the last orientation I set it on.

Is there a way to disable this? It's making it really annoying to build.

Edit: nvm fixed it, hitting T in game disables it. It's apparently a new feature in the beta, but I'm not a fan.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 28, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
So this is what happens whenever I walk near objects on the ground in multiplayer

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is your welder locked to being On?

Nah, it has nothing to do with the welder, I just happened to have it out at the time. It happens regardless of what tool or block I have out.

It apparently only happens to people who connect to other multiplayer servers, the host doesn't see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I have a similar issue; I built a ship in creative with hydrogen thrusters that works 100%, loaded it in survival and the thrusters immediately refused to work, except the reverse thrusters (C) for some reason? Ship is powered, has oxygen generators with ice in them and a hydrogen tank with 50% fuel with all of the conveyors set up correctly. All of the thrusters have the pilot light on which means they're receiving fuel, but WASD and spacebar just don't work period.

Ship has no landing gear, so I can't just remove that. I tried turning the thrusters on and off too, that didn't work either.

Edit: it gets even better! I loaded the ship back in creative, flew it up about 200m above the ground, got out of the ship, saved and quit. Loaded it up in survival, it's sitting there hovering with the thrusters on, slowly using hydrogen to maintain altitude. I get in the flight seat without pressing any other buttons, and all of the thrusters immediately go idle and I drop like a rock to the ground. :iiam:

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread