Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I am so loving hype for planets. Gonna build mining colonies and spaceyards and crash the game trying to build something big enough to eat them. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Izam posted:

Why would you want to bother with a pipeline when you can have excitement of heavily armed convoys on autopilot while you fight off bands of marauders with turrets and support drones?

Why would you bother mining a planet when you can shoot giant loving rocks at it from space?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

The Iron Llama posted:

Seeing as I've torn apart and restarted my cruiser for probably the eighth time now, I figured I'd share an interceptor I've been working on for a while:

It's taken quite a bit of tweaking to pack in all the guns, thrusters, boosters and gyros... it's far too much power packed in too small a space. It hits top speed in about six seconds, but has a tendency to redline the reactor if you start maneuvering with inertial dampeners on. Flipping on an auxiliary battery will give you nine minutes of full maneuverability. I designed it mostly to chase down drones or other fighters, but the heavy guns on it can punch through light capital armor quite effectively.

And god help you if you wind up in front of it.

I'll probably send it through another revision before I'm totally happy with it, but it's a lot of fun to fly.

Man I love how this thing looks, it's like an X-Com ship after we steal some alien tech or something :allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Oh gently caress me running what are those beautiful monitor screens :flashfap:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Well poo poo, I'm gonna be busy with this on top of all the other videogame poo poo going on

PLANETS :derp:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

It's a shame we can't have arbitrarily long pistons because it would be very neat to be able to build boreholes.

I guess conceviably you could make some kind of drilling rig which clamps onto the side of the shaft, extends the drill and a new set of clamps, then disengages the first set and retracts the rear towards the front.

Some kind of drilling inchworm thing.

I've been trying to think about how to build a borehole miner or something similar, but I came across a better solution: Build a ship that is big enough to just devour an entire planet. :iia:

e; I don't know if it would be possible, but might we mod in a block hard enough to just punch into a rock and serve as a piton? That'd sidestep problems with clamps or wheels. Or build something that drills into the borehole's sides, retracts the drills, descends a couple blocks, and then inserts the piton into the gaps.

e2; The other problem, it occurs, is getting a mining rig back out of a borehole.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 11, 2015

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Yeah same here too. I was pretty happy with what I got when I bought this but they've kept adding and adding and it's turned into one of my better uses of gaming money.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

j5mello posted:

So thread asked and it shall receive:

Tanis Base including the mini welder and grinder ships. Funny note when I joined last night Tanis was not showing attached to any asteroid and i could in fact fly inside the asteroid where upon after 10 or so seconds i would be killed for being inside it....

The Spirit of Hiigara. Its a non-combat mobile base ship. 4 each of refinery, arc reactor, & assembler; 15 gyros, 4 large and 4 small reactors. :

Rear Shot. Currently the two sub ships are merged onto the Spirit as we thought they were the cause of the jump drive issue we had.

Ventral Shot, solars for free energy, several connectors, landing gear for docking and the projector used to build new ships :

Interior Shots:
Main Bridge:

Medical & Cryo, which is directly behind the bridge:

One of the Rear Hangars with component access on the right:

Forward docking area which includes access to the forward storage hanger:

And Finally Homeworld Bonus Round:
The Taiidan Interceptor:

Karan S'jet would be proud :kharak:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Okay goons this might be a dumbass question but help me out here because I'm confused.

I've been playing SE again the last couple of days after a few months away, and I can't operate my ship drills/welders/grinders with LMB. I can control them fine through the various options when dragging them onto the toolbar, but I can't just press my mouse button down to drill. Am I crazy or did this change at some point, because I would swear up and down it used to be mouse button. And more pertinently, how do I change this back?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rhjamiz posted:

When you hit G to add poo poo to the tool-bar, there's a seperate category called "Tools and Weapons", if you add those to the bar then, when selected, drills etc will be operable via the mouse buttons.

Thank you! I must have forgotten about that or something.

e; I just realized when I get shot away from my airlock when I come in from hard vacuum, it's not a bug, it's the interior air blasting me back :haw:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Switch the gun for a really tiny mod welder and you could have a little maintenance unit for work in the bowels of a big ship. :kimchi:

Also I laffed hard at that 'landing shoe', amazing

• Locked thread