Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
Excellent OP! Also...planets! Can't wait to smash so many starships into the crust. It will be glorious.

Firos posted:

Everyone play this game it's like space crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

lilspooky posted:

The only last thing holding me back is overall performance.

You can always spawn in smaller custom sized planets to play around on, 120 is pretty large. Doctor Octogonapus created a spider planet I spawn in at the smallest size and I use it as a carnage ground with the Starship Troopers arachnid mod, lowest foliage. My PC is no monster, very bargain priced, if you aren't obsessed with graphics the game is serviceable.

If you aren't afraid of mods, there are several I run that reduce the demand from conveyors and thrusters.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm currently trying my hand at modular cargo shipping.

Neddy, you're the Colm Meaney of Space Engineers, works of functional art sir. :golfclap:

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of shuttles, I've upgraded mine. Again.

:allears:

Sublime.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

RabidGolfCart posted:

Even better.

Is there room for Mr. Coffee?

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

http://steamcommunity.com/id/doctoroctoganapus/myworkshopfiles/?appid=244850

Since you have to spawn in planets if you want to create your own fun I recommend this guy's work a lot. His planets really are works of art.

Personal favorites:
Mundus
Yarin (come well armed)
Valcor
Dantus

NurhacisUrn fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 5, 2016

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Mr. Crow posted:

Are either of these complete enough to be enjoyed in co-op and comparable to say, Subnautica (e.g. a fun survival component without being grindy or annoying)?

You might find a lot of enjoyment in Empyrion: Galactic Survival, especially given your love of Subnautica, and a desire for a co-op experience.

Also, Jigoku San, that is one nice ship. I really dig the bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

It's Sunday and I don't see sleep in sight and I've had a project in mind for a while. I haven't seen one on the Workshop either so I've no basis for comparison. I need some advice Goons.

The U.S.S. Cygnus. I love this ship. I dream about this ship. Really everything about The Black Hole was great, but especially the Cygnus. I feel like it would feel well with the setting, the ship wasn't ridiculously large like a Starfleet ship.

How many blocks do you guys think would get near the length of it? I can't find any hard data about the supposed metrics of the ship so any input would be hugely appreciated.

• Locked thread