Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Not sure if it has it's own thread but is anyone playing "Empyrion", it's just gone in to true alpha and looks pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Are the wheel physics just completely unusable or is it me? I've come back from before they added planets and for the life of me I can't get anything with wheels to stop sliding/flipping/careening off in random directions.

I've tried guides that talk about wheel settings but it just seems totally not worth it when you can just build a simple land speeder that behaves in a way that makes sense.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Bloody hellfire but wheels are good now.

Yeah they're still a little susceptible to doing odd things but they managed to make them loving fun.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Verizian posted:

Escape From Mars seems to have been updated for 1.186, I was just trying it when my only vehicle and source of power decided to explode suddenly, leaving nothing but 6 wheels to flop over sadly. After the particle effects cleared it was just gone, no scraps, no trace of all the cargo, nothing.

There's an issue with massive lag spikes at the moment that can't be fixed due to changes in the core game since EFM was released.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I just released SEAMIN. A scenario start (like one of the easy starts) with mods and a block unlock system and several custom bases and challenges.

Hey man, a couple of early game bits of feedback:

* The emergency starting craft is really clangy, it could do with a landing gear hidden on the bottom if that's possible. Couple of times it bounced me in to the roof and caused damage and the whole thing shakes to poo poo when walking round it.

* The starting rover won't let you place wheels on the front 2 3x3 wheel suspensions if you've already built the armour blocks round it, I had to add another block to bring them out one to get the wheels to auto place.

Looks good so far though, I'll possibly record a "let's play" over the next few days, just got one last 12 hour shift to power through first :)

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Multiplayer? During my tests, the start pods was stable as a rock.

As for the rover, I suppose I could add some build instructions to help out a bit..

I'd love to see the Lap! Be sure to post about it!

Just single player dude

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

fixed welding effect not stopping after finishing block

Yesssss, now they just need to fix the welder not lining up with the crosshair cos for some reason that bugs the poo poo out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Any of you guys keeping an eye on Dual Universe, gotta say it looks pretty spicey if they pull it off.

• Locked thread