Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

You're going to LP on your honeypooj?

...I kind of want to now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
DEAR GOD, WE'RE BACK. Sorry it's been such a long time since the last video went up... It's been a busy little bit for both of us. I hope you're all still up for some Skate action!

In this special episode, we played Skate 2, just to give everyone an idea of the differences before the series ends. I can't believe we're so close!

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

That fish eye lens filter is just obnoxious, but those bugs are real and wonderful.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

D_W posted:

That fish eye lens filter is just obnoxious, but those bugs are real and wonderful.

Yeah, the lens effect is annoying, but you unfortunately can't disable it. I did like having all of the screen available in Skate 3.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

What bugs me more is the yellow filter that makes everything look half-decayed. I'd say Skate 3's graphics are better than 2's if for no other reason then because they got rid of it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah, Skate 3 definitely looks a lot better. Still though, holy poo poo :magical: Are a lot of these glitches the kind of thing you have to dig for, or do these just kinda happen as you normally play?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
There are a few glitches you gotta work a little for, but yeah, Skate 2 and 3 have glitches you can just stumble onto/into.

It's half of the fun in both games, imo

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
I think you have to work more to get the glitches to happen in Skate 3, personally. You can just be walking around and crap like that will happen in Skate 2. The fake wall thing was literally just something we did without even trying, and the flying glitch point in the skate park was something I did in the Hall of Meat mode accidentally once, and then I was able to reproduce it without any issues. Both games have tons of glitches, but I think Skate 2 is actually MADE of them.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I loved the latest video, especially the score disparity in the Hall of Meat challenge when you both did the same thing. Cracked me up.

Also Skate 3 always looked much better to me, mainly because of framerate and the normal camera.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
What? Can it be? It is! It's another Skate 3 video! Happy belated Columbus Day!

We're so close, guys. One more video and it'll be over, if selling a million boards means that it's over. Holy crap.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The ladies love dudes who work on server farms and crank out that sweet, sweet hard-disk space. :v:

Kinda bummed that it'll be it soon for our buddy Pooj, but it's been a great ride so far!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

About 11 minutes in, Pooj tries to celebrate with someone and they just awkwardly lean away.

It is beautiful.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
Thank you for this LP -- it's both the funniest and the most consistently funny one I think I've ever watched. I've seriously laughed myself into coughing fits at least five times over the course of the game so far.

(Also, it's... I feel "cute" would come across as condescending, but it's really legitimately charming how your banter goes from "[x stupid reason] is why I'm marrying you" in the first few videos to "[x] is why I married you" in the latest ones. Congrats on that whole thing!)

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
I really appreciate all of the kind words from you guys. :D They bring tears of joy to my eyes, and I'm glad we can entertain you so much!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Marathoned the LP, and you two are crack ups. As much frustration as this game has given you, you at least have a lot more patience than I do.
Having not played the Skate series, something about this game frustrates me too just from looking at it. That one T-Mobile competition didn't help. I just want to punch someone after seeing that. Or maybe it's just because it's EA.
It actually upset me when I recognized Them Crooked Vultures and Joy Division in the soundtrack. Hearing bands I like in this somehow makes me feel worse.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to admit, I cringe every time your almost-naked guy bites the pavement. There's a very real sense of dread there, which I suppose they were trying to cultivate, and even seeing you regularly clip through the ground on the simplest bail doesn't do a whole lot to lighten it up.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The Pooj is everyone's uncle, the one who isn't invited to the family reunions anymore.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Glazius posted:

I have to admit, I cringe every time your almost-naked guy bites the pavement. There's a very real sense of dread there, which I suppose they were trying to cultivate, and even seeing you regularly clip through the ground on the simplest bail doesn't do a whole lot to lighten it up.

Same, but the times that make me wince and cringe is when the Pooj runs into something chest-first; I've had plenty of hits and falls where I got the wind knocked out of me, so it still gets me each time.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Occultatio posted:

Thank you for this LP -- it's both the funniest and the most consistently funny one I think I've ever watched. I've seriously laughed myself into coughing fits at least five times over the course of the game so far.

(Also, it's... I feel "cute" would come across as condescending, but it's really legitimately charming how your banter goes from "[x stupid reason] is why I'm marrying you" in the first few videos to "[x] is why I married you" in the latest ones. Congrats on that whole thing!)

Agreed, I just found this last week and had to pause one video because my stomach hurt too much from laughing. There's never been a boring moment. I might have laughed harder at some other LPs, but not this often.

And you two are indeed adorable in a totally-not-condescending way. :3:

(Hello from the female viewership, by the by.)

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Funniest LP I've seen in a long time. Because of it today I purchased my very own copy of Skate 3.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
The final episode has been recorded, and it should be up soon. In the meantime, if you're interested, we started playing a new game: It's the newest Fatal Frame!

AllisonByProxy posted:

Funniest LP I've seen in a long time. Because of it today I purchased my very own copy of Skate 3.

Holy crap, few things in life have ever made me feel more accomplished. :D

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Oh. Oh, my God, it's here. It's the final episode of Skate 3.

This has been so much fun, guys. I can't even tell you in words how awesome it was making these videos, and we're both so thankful that you stayed with us for the entire series. We're already doing a Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water playthrough, and we hope you'll join us for that. But in the meantime, let's all pour one out for Pooj, and know that he'll join us again in any games that require us to make characters.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

pedrovay2003 posted:

Oh. Oh, my God, it's here. It's the final episode of Skate 3.

This has been so much fun, guys. I can't even tell you in words how awesome it was making these videos, and we're both so thankful that you stayed with us for the entire series. We're already doing a Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water playthrough, and we hope you'll join us for that. But in the meantime, let's all pour one out for Pooj, and know that he'll join us again in any games that require us to make characters.
Wasteland Pooj in Fallout 4?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
:golfclap: Good poo poo, A+ ending too

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Really liked the LP! Still have to check out the Fatal Frame one, but I'll probably do that tonight.

Man, I bought you that title too early, though. "I saw that man eat poo poo on a boat" would be great.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You did a great job with this.
Which one of you was that in the ending?

Try Way of the Samurai 3/4. It's perfect for doing stupid poo poo while dressed like an idiot.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
And so it ends, not with a bang, but with a pooj.

I really enjoyed the whole LP. I saw it in the recommendations thread and caught up just in time for the ending. Thanks for sharing this strange experience with us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Pete: "I do not know how to get my stuff up."
Amy: "... ...how do you mean?"

Thanks for the great LP!

• Locked thread