Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark 1
Harm 2/4 Experience 3 3/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Terrified, drained.

I meekly walk up to Cally's brother. This is becoming a mess I think but it'll be worse if the security guy shows up. "Hey, uh, they'll get mad if they see you dressed like that. We should be somewhere else. Or get you some clothes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Harm: 1/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

I hugged my brother, rather incredulous he was here. "How...how come you're here? You shouldn't be here, you should go home before someone hurts you!" I squeak, still holding him tight. I'd get him home but...first I needed to hug him.

And then the horrible people came over, and tried to take him away from me. I pushed him behind me, interposed myself between Serenity and him. "You stay away from him Serenity. He's my brother, I won't let you hurt him, and I won't listen to your lies or let you lie to him, either." I frowned. "You don't worry about him, you don't talk to him, you leave us alone." I fixed her with my steeliest glare. I didn't feel threatening, but, with her convinced that I had somehow tried to kill Ursula, maybe she'd back off.

Shutting down Serenity, tagging 'Terrified' for +1

2d6+2: 13 [2d6=5, 6]

Does Serenity have any strings on Cally? Lose one if you do. If not, Cally'll take a string on you.

I was...pretty disappointed that Hope was over there, whispering conspiratorially with Eve again, but, I wasn't surprised, I guess. I couldn't trust any of them, I was stupid to be led out here again, but at least I could rescue my brother from all of this before they got him all mixed up and hurt, too. "Come on, let's...let's get out of here." I took his hand, I at least knew where to take him to get him out of here. "And...put your pelt around your waist, okay? Humans cover themselves up, they're embarrassed of their own bodies and you'll get taken away from me if they see you like that." I pause. "I'll explain more later, but, these people are bad and you don't need to be around them."

Assuming he did what I said, I pull him along after me, and towards the entrance of the school.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 18, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I was pretty put off from Cally's reaction. When have I ever lied? "H-hey! I'm not a liar! And I was just trying to warn him about The Man. We're not all uptight about our bodies." I pull my dress off. I try to do a favor for him and she just slanders me and repeats the same thing like I'm bad for saying it. I'm not going to take this. I'm going to prove to her that I'm as chill as ever. When she stops riling me up so much. "So don't act like... Like I'm one of them." I'm surprised when I say it but it feels right. I feel out of place with other people and there's apparently other nonhuman people? I need to ask papa Mikey about this when I get back. "Okay. I'm sorry I lost my temper," I deflate, "But you did too. I don't want to lose any of my friends..."

Turn on Cally's bro 7

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1x | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Pushy, Heartbreaker, Traitor

Eve's really worried. But I promised Cally that I can't be around Cally with Eve. I say in a normal voice, "She doesn't want you around. I think you should just let us go, ok?"

And she's still silently pleading and worried. I... can't just shut her out. She's really trying to help. Sighing in surrender, I add in a whisper, "But, if you were to follow us and keep out of sight, I guess I couldn't really stop you."

Giving Eve what she wants, implicit permission to follow Hope.

I wince when I hear Cally talking to her brother and go to run after them, yelling, "Cally wait up! I'm still coming with you." I run after her, leaving the others behind if I have to.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

Hope runs in front of us and says she's coming along. I...shake my head. "Hope..." I sigh. "...you can't. I'm not mad I'm..." disappointed? miserable? betrayed? "...I need to protect him. And Eve...is Eve. And you're not ready to give her up, I can see that." I shake my head again. "I don't know what your conversation was about with her, but, if you come along, she'll show up. She always does, and when she does, she hurts me. She hurts what I care about, and she'll hurt him. I can't let that happen. So...go. Back there, to them." I incline my head towards Eve and Serenity for a second. "Don't worry about me, or him. Just...let us go."

I look down, away from her face. I didn't want to see her reactions. "It was stupid of me to text you like I did. I shouldn't have...asked you to make that choice. It was stupid, and I'm sorry for doing it. It was obvious how you were going to choose." I keep us walking, around Hope if necessary. "Goodbye, Hope."

Shutting Hope down!

2d6+2: 6 [2d6=2, 2]

:gonk: spending my string to make that a 7. I'm okay with exchanging conditions, here. Hope is "untrustworthy"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3 0/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), sunglasses case again (Eve)

Well, I didn't get my explosions, but this is still plenty surreal. There's Hope and Eve, and Cally and that... naked guy, who I guess is her brother? Serenity said something about that, and he's got a similar looking pelt/coat thing... which is weird. Then everyone breaks apart like there's a bad smell all of a sudden, Cally rushing for the exit with her brother, Hope going after her and - that's not cool. Hope and Eve have been in cahoots for a while now, right? And Eve broke Cally's arm! I watch as Cally stops short and shuts Hope down - good. At least she's not hopelessly naive. Haha, Hope-lessly. Ahem.

I push my way down the corridor toward Cally. I've got no idea what her deal is, and I'm becoming less certain with every second I spend thinking about the naked kid in the pelt, but someone's got to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid. I call to Hope as I head past. "Hey, maybe try not being best friends with the girl who broke her arm? Maybe?"

Shut down (Traitor) Hope: 2d6+2 10
Giving her the condition Hopeless :v:

"Hey, wait up!" I call out to Cally, catching up as she turns around. "Hey, I don't know what happened between you and the others but... I've got your back. We need to get you to the hospital - I'm guessing you haven't been there before?" There's something really strange about Cally that's been hovering round the back of my mind for a while now, under a neon sign flashing the word 'otherworldly'. If that makes any sense. "I know you're probably not in a people mood right now, but would you let me go with you?"

Spending a string, offering xp if Cally will let Franklin accompany her to the hospital.

I turn to her brother. Wouldn't want to be rude. "Hi, I'm Franklin. What's your name?"

e: I went over the experience again because Franklin seemed weirdly far behind, and I found a couple of points where I forgot to change the tracker at the top of the post. So I should actually be at 15xp i.e. 3 advances, and for the 3rd advance I'm going to take the rest of the hexes.

Gato fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 18, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1x | Volatile -1x | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Pushy, Heartbreaker, Traitor, untrustworthy, Hopeless

I deflate as Cally shuts me out, again. I start to stammer, but my voice starts cracking. I'm not going to cry. I've got to show Cally that she can rely on me. I can't lose control.

Hold steady: 2d6-1 8
Keeping my cool.
Giving Cally Walled Off

But the worst part is that she's not even wrong. I was just trying to console Eve. Then Franklin comes in and might as well have punched me in the stomach. I stare at him, shocked, and then I just break down and start crying. I can't handle this anymore.

I look back at Serenity and Eve, and then I really break down. I can't take this anymore. I've got to get out of here. I'll... I'll go to the park. I can go home and figure out this mess.

Sobbing, I run out the front door, going the opposite direction from Cally and Franklin.

Run away: 2d6-1 4

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 18, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 2/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale
Debt to Emissary: 3+1/5

Oh my god Serenity why would you take off your clothes because of Cally's stupid remark

"Serenity, put your clothes back on before someone comes out!" Hope starts taking off after Cally though, so I start following her - if Serenity is going to get in trouble for wanting to walk around naked I guess there's not much I can do there. She catches up, but then of course Franklin starts being an rear end in a top hat and makes her run off crying. gently caress this.

"Shut the gently caress up Frank." I run up and just knock him right into the floor. I don't care that I use a bit of Em's power - gently caress this guy.

Using Elsewise Power to gain a use of Smite from the Angel

Smiting posted:

When smiting the wicked, add 1 to your lash out physically roll and add 1 harm to any harm dealt.

Lash Out At Franklin: 2d6+2 6
Smiting makes that a 7, Frank takes 2 Harm and loses a String on Eve

Then I start turn around and start following Hope. "Hope! Wait up!"

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hope: You hear Eve calling behind you and your legs drag you in any direct but there. They burn as you try to sprint to the park. You barely make it down the street from the school before you have to reduce to a jog. Guilt weights you down as you can't get Frank's smug smile out of your head. You can hear Eve calling from right next to you. What do you do?
*Give Frank a string*

Eve: You send Frank reeling. Justice swiftly dealt, you chase after Hope. You don't have to run very fast to keep up with her. You know this route, she's heading to Golden Gate Park. You can hear sniffles coming from her as you chase her down the street. Her pace slows enough for you to hold a conversation. What do you do?

Serenity: Cally's brother's looks at you admiringly as he reaches to undo the knot of his pelt loin cloth. In that moment, he is dragged away by Cally. He watches you as he is taken away and out of the building. The afterward of your little moment is predictable. Frank is mean to Hope. Hope runs away. Eve hurts Frank and chases after Hope. Frank collects his wits and staggers after Cally. What do you do?
*Cally's Bro would give himself to you but, you know. So he'll give you a string instead.*

Cally: You watch the wide-eye expression your brother gets when Serenity strips. His cheeks flushing as he looks over her form. You take him away after saying your goodbyes to Hope. You almost want to drag him by the ear. No one seems to stop any of you walking out of the school but you know your brother's lack of clothing is going to get you in trouble. You hear the school's front door open behind you as you see Frank slowly walking after you. Your brother starts talking as you walk, "Um, sis, do you know how that lady got sent underwater? I saw the ocean open and then she was there. I couldn't move her but I kept bringing her air. Then I saw the ocean open again and it was dragging her towards it, so I followed her. I thought it would lead me to you but it took me to that lady that took her pelt off and the other scary lady." You make your way to a relative clearing as he finishes his story. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 19, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Walled-Off

Before I can answer Franklin, Eve has knocked him over. Big surprise, of course. But, I still call out to him. "We'll take it slow, catch up when you get your bearings, okay?" I had no idea where I was going at this point anyway, really, so I wouldn't go far, I just...I don't think I could be around any of the three girls at this point.

I'll take the XP and let Franklin come along if he wants

When we get to the clearing, I look at my brother with concern. "You shouldn't have followed, this isn't a safe place, and humans are awful, cruel, vicious creatures. The really violent one, she's called an Eve, and she attacks everything near her. She stole my pelt, and I was trapped here, I only just got it back before you showed up, but they broke my arm to keep me here, and I won't be able to swim back." She frowns. "I am happy you're here, but you should go back home. I won't let them take my pelt again, and once I heal, I'll come home, too." I nod, carefully. "Humans don't have pelts, they have things called clothing." I tug at my shirt. "Like I said earlier, they're embarrassed by their own bodies and they want to hide them all the time, they get mad when you don't. Humans have these things called names, because they think they're all unique creatures. I figured it out and got them to call me 'Cally'. It's from a book. After the male one who offered to help catches up, we'll take you to the shore and see you off, okay? It'll be way safer if you go back Home."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 19, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I sigh. I just, need to calm down. I'm not thinking. Cally's been saying stuff that's made me mad and I keep over reacting. I pull my dress back on and shuffle back into the nurse's office. It looks like Penny is busying herself with paper work while Ursula rests. I pull a chair up to the bed and kiss Ursula on the cheek. "I'm sorry all this happened." I rest my head on her chest, exhausted myself. "I was beside myself when I lost you. I really over did it..."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 2/4 | Experience 3 0/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), sunglasses case again (Eve)

Oh yeah, Eve sent me flying for the second time in as many days. Sure was nice of the Emissary to give me that sunglasses case back, however the gently caress that's possible. The weird thing is, I'm not even especially mad. I'll hex her again, it balances out. Karma. And at least I'm heading to the ER, maybe they can give me a quick check for concussion or broken ribs or whatever when they're done with Cally...

... I've given up trying to plan ahead, I'm in a state of vague sort-of Zen acceptance. Cally and her brother come from the sea, and don't think of themselves as human, so they're either some kind of really weird cultists or there's magic poo poo involved. Given everything Serenity was talking about, it's probably the second one. Eat your heart out, Occam. The whole thing about the pelt being so important sounds familiar, like a story or a myth or something. Maybe I'll ask Grandfather about it, when this is all over. When they've gone home. I can't help feel weirdly sad at that idea. Not that I was ever that invested in the dating thing nope not at all but it must be pretty lovely for her - she must feel seriously let down by everyone. Well. Guess the least I can do is not let her down any more, right?

"Cally? Is it alright for me to call you that?" I limp her way, my body aching. "God, look at us." I smile at her brother. "I promise, our world isn't normally this violent." That's probably the biggest lie I've ever told, but whatever. "I'll get us a taxi to the hospital." I don't mind paying - after all, I was meant to be buying us movie tickets, right? That's not all I need to do.

"So yeah, before, when I told you about stopping Eve from helping people?" I take out the sunglasses case, and start the binding spell. No cards, this time. I twist my hands back and forward like I'm making shadow puppets, occasionally snapping a burst of light into life at the tips of my fingers. Little rings of lights like fireflies trail behind my hands. Nothing wrong with showing off, a little.

Hex-Casting (Binding) vs Monster Eve: 2d6+3 11

"There. That'll stop her hurting other people. I should never - This time, it's there for good." I feel the weirdest urge to bow. "I can do one for Hope, as well, if you like, though I don't know what I should do, since she's not the one sending people to the nurse."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Debt to Emissary: 4/5

I slow down as Hope does and go over to her. Maybe I can help calm her down. loving Frank. He's probably going to put that spell on me again, but it was worth it.

"Hey look, don't worry about Frank. He's just a stupid rear end in a top hat. Why don't we forget the two of them and hang out with Serenity like she wanted to earlier?" Not actually sure if Serenity is still going to be up for it, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Pushy, Heartbreaker, Traitor, untrustworthy, Hopeless

I can't outrun Eve on my best day, and I can hardly breathe through the crying. So, it's no wonder that she catches me before I make it a block. She doesn't have any condemnation for me, even though she really could. She still likes me. She'd even hurt someone for me. Which... I don't really like, but it's all I have right now. In fact... she's always been there for me, hasn't she? Even when she's doing things I don't like and I've yelled at her, she's still wanted to be my friend.

I turn around and fling my arms around her, still crying. I just hug her for a long moment as I try to calm down. Eventually she's got a wet patch on her shoulder, but I've calmed down enough to agree with her and I say, "Yeah... I guess that's a good idea. Glad you came after me. Again." I let out a weak laugh and hug her tighter.

Taking a string on Cally for breaking a promise. She needs people other than Serenity and myself.
Tagging stale for 7

Once I've calmed down, I realize that Cally broke her promise to me. She needs Frank more than she needs Serenity or me! And Franklin! He's just as bad as Eve. At least Eve has a reason when she hurts people. Franklin just hurts people because he finds it funny. I really, REALLY want to hurt Cally all of a sudden, just like she hurt me. But, no. She's has a pass for now. I broke a promise to her, and she broke one to me. I'll just let her be. For now.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Scene 9

Serenity: Ursula puts an arm around you. She's mostly dry now and color has returned to her body. "I'm so happy to be here with you." She stroking your hair. "If it matters to you, I don't think I want to go swimming for a while." She laughs weakly. "W-when I fell, if you want to call it that, it felt like . . . I don't know. Like I entered a black hole. How long was I gone, an hour? It felt like I was gone forever. But that boy. He helped. He gave me air and helped me see. What happened to him?" What do you do?

Cally: Your brother looks really upset when you say that you're going to send him back. "But, but, but- but what about you? Your arm- you can't swim. I should stay here and help you. I'm your brother, I have to take care of you." He holds you tightly and whispers, "I'm not going back without you." He lets go of you when you Frank catches up. Frank puts on his little show and then asks if you: a) want to go to the hospital & b) want him to do his magic stuff to Hope. What do you do?

Franklin: As Cally thinks over your proposals, Cally's brother wanders over to you. "Hey, do you know what happened to the girl that the other girl was carrying? Is she okay?" You're pretty sure that he's talking about Serenity's friend, Ursula. "If you don't know, it's okay." He looks pretty worried. "Um, my sis told me you guys wear clothing" He says it like it's a question. "I was wondering if . . . if you have some I could um, use?" He's blushing asking you. A cabbie probably wouldn't let a mostly naked guy into his cab anyway. What do you do?

Eve: Hope seems really sad. Everyone but you has abandoned her today and she's still reeling. But, she said yes to you. You might of included Serenity into your hang out session but the hug she's giving right now. She wants you. What do you do?

Everyone: Please make sure the String/XP Chart is in order.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Walled-Off

"No, brother, I'll be fine." I grab him by the arm and pull him back as he heads over towards Franklin. I'd have to apologize to Franklin later. "Listen, I've been here a while, I'll be fine. Once my arm's better I'll come straight home, okay? In the meantime, here isn't safe for you. They'll end up separating us if you stay because you're younger than me, and I don't want anybody (Eve especially) taking your pelt, okay? Besides, I've got Franklin here, he'll protect me while I'll heal." Franklin had never done anything cruel to me, thankfully, so I could say that with some certainty I felt. Hopefully I wasn't going to be duped again. "And, you have to let mom and dad know I'm okay, right? I can't get home to tell them, yet."

"And..." it felt mean saying this part, but it was for his own good. "...well, I can't keep myself safe if I need to be looking after you, little brother. This isn't like the Ocean, we can't just swim away if things get rough, these...city things are like big cages and they won't let us out of them. I'd be safer if you were home."

Going to try and shut down my brother.

2d6+1: 6 [2d6=3, 2]

Haha, gently caress you orokos.

But, seeing that he wasn't going to buy that, I changed tacks. "Just...please, go home, okay? Do it for me, please?"

Let's rack up more hard moves and try and manipulate him to go

2d6: 9 [2d6=6, 3]

Yeah okay orokos way to be confusing. What'll it take for Little Brother to do what I ask?

Of course, Franklin did ask me a question straight up, and I didn't want to just ignore him. "No, don't...don't do anything to Hope." I didn't really understand what it was Franklin was doing to Eve, either, but, if he could stop her hurting people, that was good. "...she's...just leave her alone, okay?" I sounded pretty tired, I guess, but...I didn't want to hurt Hope. I just wish she wasn't happy with hurting me if it meant she got to keep Eve, of all people.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 22, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Ah... Cally took her brother away. She's trying to make him go home." I furrow my brow. "She didn't want to bring you back, and I lost my temper. I think I ended up losing a friend anyway." I sigh. "He seemed nice though." And handsome. "Maybe we'll get a chance to thank him." I take Ursula's hand and squeeze it. "And Eve was the one that brought you back. I sorry I wasn't able to do anything really myself. Just like classwork, I always need you to help me." It's a bitter sweet feeling. I'm overjoyed that she's okay but i wasn't able to save her. "I feel like I could just disappear, and nothing would change."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Y-You're welcome."

I feel my heart beating a bit faster. She...really is into me after all?! Oh god, I feel nervous. I hug her back and then kiss her.

Giving self

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I hesitate for a moment before returning her kiss. Eve's... really unpredictable. I don't want to make her mad, but.... I still want to see Cally. But, Cally doesn't want to see me. I tried to do so much for her. I even got Eve to give her back her coat, but it wasn't enough. So, why should I try and make her happy now? I know I can't make everyone happy, but maybe I could just be happy. And Eve... she wouldn't hurt me, and she's promised she wouldn't hurt Serenity. I can go with them. Maybe we can be happy.

I kiss her, enjoying the sensation and the affection she has for me. Once I part, I smile at her, still sniffling and say, "Thanks. For coming after me. I really needed that." I look around and add, "I guess we should head out now. Let's go hang out with Serenity like you said, ok?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3 0/5 | Conditions:
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

Clothes, huh? Yeah, he could probably do with covering up a bit. Good thing we had PE this morning, huh? God, that feels like years ago. "Sure, Ursula's going to be fine. She got out in time." I don't really know what happened to her, but that sounds right to me. "And yeah, I can lend you some clothes." But Cally's got other things on her mind, I guess. She really doesn't want her brother to stay, and I can kind of see why, if he doesn't understand things like not being naked. I don't really want to get in the way of family matters, but I feel like I should back her up.

"Hey, uh, we can take the taxi to wherever you have to go to get home. You should still probably put on some clothes, but yeah. You said the shore, right?" Ok, what's the best way to put this. "Is that where you two are from? The ocean? What does that make you?" I don't know what I'm expecting to hear, but I'm preparing for something weird. Think Zen thoughts, Franklin. "I mean, it doesn't really matter, but... "

Spending a string to offer Cally XP if she tells Franklin about what she is and where she's from.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Walled-Off

Oh dear...someone was finally asking, and it was Franklin. This wasn't something I normally would talk about, or should talk about, or...but Franklin had never been anything but nice to me and helpful to me, unlike really anybody (except Aaron and Shelly) up here - he was owed something of an explanation, right? He had seen the weird stuff, and he was trying to help, so...

"...okay, uhm, this is going to be a hard thing to explain." I sigh. "We're...well the book I read calls us 'selkies', we don't really have...names for ourselves or anything. The ocean's...it's like a...high way. It gets us here and then it can take us back home - home isn't something a human can get to, which is why I've been so desperate to get my pelt back; without it I can't get away from here, and I only came here because I was curious. But without the pelt, we're essentially just...people. I mean, less cruel and vicious and...well we can ask the Ocean for help when we need to, but, I mean, you're seeing how well that tends to work out." I frowned. "I guess some humans must have seen some of us before, because you can look up what we are and it's...well it's kind of right, also kind of wrong. Humans are presumptuous like that. But for the most part, most of us live at Home...in the Kingdoms. They're far away from here, like I said a human can't get there. But we can kind of go back and forth, sometimes." I shrug. "The pelt lets us change how we are, and I guess our other selves get...hunted sometimes? I thought that's why everyone tells us not to come to human shores, but...I guess it's because of how you are to each other, too." I mumbled, faintly, and then recovered, wanting to finish my explanation and not get depressed at everything that had happened, instead.

Taking that xp in case it wasn't obvious

"It's hard to explain what it's like using human words, being one thing and then being the other thing but still being yourself, you know? We're not always like this...human. Sometimes we're not. I uhm...I'd show you but with my arm broken I don't think it'd work, and I'd have to take my clothes off to do it, anyway." At least, I was pretty sure I'd have to, I've never tried it wearing clothes before. "Once we get to the beach, you'll see him do it anyway." I glanced back at my brother, mulling over my request to go. I hope he would listen.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3 0+1/5 | Conditions:

I don't interrupt as Cally tells her story. And my God, that's a hell of a story. I've always wondered if fairies and unicorns and dragons and all that poo poo really exists, or existed - I mean, if magic is real, why not? But neither Dad or Grandfather would ever tell me. So Cally's a selkie, then? I'm vaguely familiar with the stories about sea people, but they were never my favourite myths - they weren't gross or exciting or spooky, mostly just sad.

Because it is loving sad, isn't it? She came here because she was curious, but she got trapped because Eve took advantage of her. How's that for a first impression of the human world? She must find our world so strange, and frightening, and to be here alone, with nobody to explain things to... and now she's sending away the only connection she's got, because he doesn't belong here, but he can go back, and she can't...

"Cally, that's..." I don't know what to say. I stand there helplessly for a second, then wrap my arms around her and hold her as close as I can, trying not to touch the broken arm. There. It feels... easier to talk like this, somehow. "I'm sorry. I really am. I'll get your brother some clothes so he can go back without attracting attention, then we can go to the beach. Is that - is that ok?"

Turn On (Walled-Off) Cally: 2d6 10
Taking a string, experience for Hot.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Oh. Well, I guess not now makes sense. I smile back. "Yeah, let's see how she's doing."

As we head back, something occurs to me. Cally apparently got mad at Ursula and then nearly drowned her. And now she's mad at Hope and has Frank on her side. I don't know what else he can do, but I should make sure Hope is aware of him. I wasn't sure if she'd believe me earlier, but recent events just proved that wrong.

"By the way, I hate to bring Frank up again, but be careful. He's some kind of loving wizard or magician or something. He steals things from people and uses the items to put spells on them. If you notice something of yours is missing, he might have taken it. That's what he was doing earlier in class - he took that pen I was using. He even broke into my house and tried to take Cally's pelt, but I was able to get it back."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I bite my lip and look towards the direction where Cally and Frank went. Eventually, I shrug helplessly and say, "I don't think I've lost anything. But... I've never had to keep track of this much stuff before... It's really hard!" Then, I sigh and add, "As for Cally... she won't listen to me anymore. I'll just make things worse."

We finish the walk up back to the school and find Serenity in the nurse's office with her friend. I walk up next to her and hug her, saying, "Hey... sorry I ran off. But I'm glad you and your friend are ok. Do you wanna get out of here? I think we could all go for some relaxation, away from this crazy school, right?"

Got a five for a turn on with Serenity.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 29, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I sigh. That sounds nice but won't make anything better. "I don't know Hope. I should stay here with Ursula. And what about our classes." I frown. "I mean, relaxing sounds really good right now..."

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Cally: Your Brother looks worried and bites his lip, "Give me a moment." He thinks about while you have your conversation with Frank. Every glace over he seems to be taking in the scenery. "Tomorrow" your brother blurts out as Frank tenderly wraps his arms around you. "The waves are really bad right now. The ocean will be better tomorrow. Please, just one day. He even said he would get me stuff so I look like him. I'll be good, honest." He's giving you pup eyes. What do you do?

Franklin: Cally's brother cuts your hug short. He turns to you, "You wouldn't mind if I stayed with you guys right? You just have to get your these things." He tugs on your shirt. "You get those things and we can all be together." What do you do?

Serenity: Ursula has fallen asleep. "I called her parents." Penny chimes in. "They should be here within the half-hour. Her body temperature is normal. She's going to be fine. If you want to do whatever you're going to do, just go do it. Or don't, I'm not your teacher. If you do go, let me clean you up first." She moves over and starts cleaning and patching you up. What do you do?
*Heal one harm. If you stay, heal two.*

Hope: You can feel Penny watching you as futilely flirt with Serenity. She separates your hug as she cleans up a few cuts and bruises, including the one you gave to her for breaking her promise. "What an odd cut, I wonder how you got this one." She glances over to you. What do you do?
*Penny gains a string on you.*

Eve: Hope leaves your side and pulls Serenity into a hug. She seems to pull Serenity into her chest. They're almost face-to-face. The look Hope is giving Serenity is the same one she gave you. Luckily, Penny seems to break them up. Serenity turns down her invitation and takes Ursula's hand in hers. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 30, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 2/5 | Conditions: Monster, Stale, Hex: Non-existent Subtext, Hex: Binding

...So is Hope not into me at all then? But there was that moment outside? Although she did get really mad right before then. And before that...gently caress, this is complicated.

"Let's wait a bit for Serenity," I say offhandedly to Hope. I start acting like I'm just waiting for Penny to finish up. Instead, I'm thinking about this afternoon, focusing on Hope. On how she seemed to be into me but then keeps changing her mind. What's really going on with her? While Serenity is getting fixed up, my mind drifts off and I start thinking about what's happened today, and yesterday. Maybe I can figure out what she really thinks?

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6+2 14 Includes +1 from Heartbreaker
Choosing the visions are lucid and detailed, and the visions cure me of Stale

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 1, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I sigh, but I'm relieved. "Thanks nurse Penny." I smiled at Hope and Eve. "I'll come. It seems like Ursula is going to be okay. We can hang out at my place if you like."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Icy fear gnaws at my stomach as I meet her knowing look, but I do my best to ignore it and help Serenity up when she's free. I hook my arms through both of theirs and say, "Ok. Let's go. Today's been way too long to stick it out any more."

I look to them and say, "Where do you two wanna go? As long as it's quiet, I don't care."

Would it really be too much to ask to just have a nice, relaxing afternoon?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 1/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Walled-Off

Franklin was carefully hugging me...carefully, which was nice, and I hugged him back, blushing slightly. I figured humans liked touching because they were always after each other - it made no sense, really. They hated being naked themselves, but they always wanted to touch other humans naked and do...things with them. I had gotten enough of an education with that with Hope and Serenity, and it only made things messy, so after a moment or two I carefully pushed him back - not to offend him, just to make sure things didn't...go too far.

Which was good, because it was about then my brother was asking questions again. But at least he was agreeing to go home tomorrow, I guess he had just gotten here, and I was hurt, and he had only just seen me. "Okay...tomorrow." I agreed hesitantly. "But first thing tomorrow!" I made sure to lay down the law at least a little bit - he wasn't going to get caught up in the orphanage or have his pelt stolen. "And tonight you stay with Franklin, okay? I can't because he's a boy and people think that's strange, but they'll be okay with you being there." It's true. And Franklin needed to get him clothes, anyway. I looked over at Franklin and raised an eyebrow.

"Uhm, assuming that's okay with you Franklin, that is."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 2/4 | Experience 3 1/5 | Conditions:

Aww, that's nice. Hugs are good, I should do that more often. I'll be sad if Cally leaves, but she seems pretty set on it. I wish I could convince her to stay somehow, but let's face it, I'd want to go home if I'd been through everything that's happened to her. Don't know how I feel about her leaving her brother with me and going back to wherever she sleeps by herself, but he seems harmless at least. Grandfather might not be too happy, but he wouldn't turn them away, especially if I told him about the selkie thing.

"Sure, you can stay, um... dude." How do they manage without names? "Grandfather's house is pretty big, we've got a couple of spare rooms. Really, it'd be fine if you stayed too Cally, I mean, you shouldn't have to leave your brother, and... I'd like it if you stayed. It doesn't feel right to send you home by yourself like this."

"Anyway!" I smile at Cally's brother. "Follow me, we'll get you some clothes." I call a taxi to the school for a few minutes ahead, then rush the kid to the changing rooms. Thankfully, classes are still in session. It takes a bit longer than I was expecting since he tries to put the pants on the wrong way a couple of times, but I manage to get him looking - well, not normal, but not conspicuous. By the time we make it back outside, the taxi's here. Well, guess it's time for our hot date in the ER. With a third wheel. Can't win 'em all, I guess.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

i sigh. "You know let's just head to my place to chill. We won't have to make sure it's cool with anyone's parents last minute that way." I wipe the sweat off my brow, what a day. "I just need to lay down and calm down with some good stuff. Honestly I'm not even sure I'd make the walk over. Maybe it isn't a great idea."

Musk 6 let me tag stuff bclip :argh:

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Franklin: Cally's brother follows you to your gym locker. Along the way, he's launching a barrage of questions, chatty little guy. As you dress him, one of his questions cut close to home, "Do you like my sister? Could you take care of her for me? I need you to promise me before I leave that you will. Please." What do you do?

Cally: Your brother, clad in Frank's gym gear with his pelt on top, and Frank return to you. Your brother gives you a hug, "I don't know how you wear these all day. It's kinda itchy." His eyes avoid yours. "I . . . I . . . Never mind." He waits silently next to you, idly biting the neck of the shirt. What's with him? What do you do?

Frank-Ly, the two three of you take a taxi to the hospital. "What should my name be?" Cally's Brother asks. "I see them everywhere on everything. Even the hopspattle has one. Kaiser. It's sounds so strong~" He starts to read off the street names off the signs. Thank the heavens your trip is short. For what's it's worth, the driver doesn't bat an eye. The check in is surprisingly smooth and you're given a private room in a corner somewhere instead of with the rest of the ER folk. A nurse with a suddenly deep voice says to Frank, "Consider this a way of making up for before. Sure you're no knight with fur armor, but its something. Someone needs to pay back a favor anyway." She takes Cally's vitals and leave you guys to your devices.

Serenity: Penny says, "Say safe and maybe take a shower." The three of you head down to your house. As you walk into your apartment, you see two cats sitting on your balcony. "Soooooooo, do you like it out here?" You hear one of them say. You recognize this one as the same cat from the morning.

"I-it's really high up here. And this wind? Can we get off the railing?" The other responds.

"Yeah sure- hm." It looks back at you as you open the sliding door. "Oh, you're finally back! How are you doing girl? I had to fight like a dozen crows to get this spot and I looked super cool and you missed it. Val, this is the girl I was talking about. I knew I recognized her scent."

"But you just bribed them with a earring you fou-"

"Let me have this Val. Anyway, what are you doing back?" Shouldn't that be your question? What do you do with these two cats talking to you in front of your friends?

*Gain Unmistakable*

Eve: You're mostly on auto-pilot during the walk. Hope drifts between you and Serenity. When she's walking by herself she's with a phantom image of Cally. She bound to the three of you with ropes made of paper, parts are ripped or highlighted and it's all tangled together. Written on it seems to be a log of your conversations. you notice a promise you made to her bolded out. She tries to pull the three closer but you all pull. It's stretching her and leaving rope burns. If she gets too close to one, the others tug harder. What do you think?

Hope & Eve: The two of you follow Serenity to her apartment where she is immediately yelled at by two cats. Eve, you're pulled out of your trance when your cat runs up and starts meowing at you. You recognize both of these cats. One of them, Val, is yours and the other is a cat always hangs out in your backyard. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 10, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 2/4 Experience 3 3/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, unmistakable, Terrified, drained.

"Hey, don't just barge in here," I chastise the cats, "You have to ask like the birds." At least Carl won't be harassing my friends, but this might be worse. I sigh, throw off my dress, and collapse onto the couch. "Whatever, I'll let it pass. I just need to space out."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I cock my head and say, "Oh, you can talk? I didn't think animals around here could talk."

I look at Eve and say, "Is that normal?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 2/5 | Conditions: Monster, Hex: Nonexistant Subtext, Hex: Binding

...How many promises have I made to Hope? I really should sit down and talk to her to see what her deal is. As for her trying to get close to everyone, I don't know what to do. I guess Cally doesn't care about her anymore, so maybe me and Serenity can be there for her now. I'm not sure how, but maybe I can convince her to stop worrying about Cally.

By now, Frank's probably cast that dumb spell of his. He did it when I took his deck, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it now after I was able to take back the pelt from him. And I didn't even know he did it until I tried to shut Jacob up, so might as well get it out of the way before a situation like that comes up.

~Hey Em, can you remove that bullshit spell Frank probably put on me? If he has.~

Using Strings Attached

Then I see Valarie, and she's talking with another cat. What the gently caress. I pick her up and hold her in my arms.

"Uh." Why is my cat here? How did she even get outside? Why is she talking with another cat? Why is Serenity just shrugging it off and - okay well, that one might be a bit more obvious. She did seem pretty unfazed about what went on earlier, so maybe this is something she's doing? "No. This isn't normal here," I tell Hope.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I nod at Eve's response, and I say, "Oh, ok. Still, I think I like it better when they talk. It's a lot easier to make friends with them when they can talk back, you know?"

I plop onto the ground next to the couch Serenity and squeeze the hand leaning off the sofa. I give her a smile, saying, "Thanks for letting us crash here. It's soooo much better than school. Especially after this lovely day." Then, I turn and look at the cats, saying, "So, what's it like being a cat around here. I have some friends who are cats back home, but they're a lot bigger and have stripes."

I think for a second before adding, "Oh, and they're made of fire."

<Capfalcon> Turn on Serenity
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 4+2 = 6
<Capfalcon> yikes

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 2/4 Experience 3 3/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, unmistakable, Terrified, drained.

"Hey get comfortable, relax." I say to Eve. I sit up and pull out the stuff I leave in the end table. I start rolling up the joint. "Only rule here is no violence. So there's no dress code or whatever. No one else is here to harass you over it." I look at Hope, surprised she hasn't jump into relax mode like she does at lunch.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve: Em speaks to you, "Which one? You've seemed to riled Frank enough to place two on you. I'll null them for now. Usually I'd just put it on your tab but I don't feel like calling in the debts right now. How about this? Give me 'your friends'. You do that and I'll kill these curses.
The Emissary will trade strings you gain on Hope, Serenity or Cally to pay for hex removal. You are not under their effects unless you decline the trade.

Valerie happily yells your name when you pick her up, "Someone came over earlier. He opened the door and I went outside to meet Prince. He showed me a lot of stuff and we ended up here. Now you're here."

Hope: Prince looks at you, "I was on fire once. Don't recommend it. I'm happy that another pretty lady understands us. Most people don't understand what were saying unless we say it really loud and point at what we want. My owner's family is like that. Other than that, I laze around all day unless I was to see Val. By the way Eve, leave your window open more often."

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4 2/5 | Conditions: Monster, Hex: Nonexistant Subtext, Hex: Binding

Wait, WHAT? Oh that fucker! Probably the one who let Val out too. Speaking of which, still kind of weird to hear her talking. And for another cat to talk to me too. I put her down and begin rolling a joint of my own, since Serenity is offering. I'm...not sure who to give to Em though. poo poo. I'll figure something out soon. In the meantime, I look over at Serenity.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. No problem." I pause. "Don't worry," I say with a reassuring smile. Hopefully this puts her at ease.

Turn Serenity On: 2d6+1 9 Includes +1 from Terrified
Self/Promise/String

• Locked thread