Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:shittypop:

That's a pleasant surprise, can't wait to learn some drunk kung fu this weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The steam store page says it's available in 19 hours and Steam doesn't handle timezones at all, once it hits the magic hour it's available for everybody.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It's now available on steam, time to get your Drunken Fist style on!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:itwaspoo:

If you're having trouble I had to cast my lure to the right of the dead sticks and high enough that it would go above them instead of roll below them. Once you find a sweet spot the carps are everywhere. Silver carps don't count but they sell for 350 anyways.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

So far I'm having a fun time with Wuxia. I only did the bit with Guardian Qin so far so I'm not too far into the game yet. The biggest problems I'm having with the localization is stuff like the size of UI elements, the big names won't fit in the spaces given and the game will start shrinking text to try and do so and it can make some text illegible. There's two cases of getting text codes inside the text (trading in the sword you get from giving the injured man the 5k medicine to the blacksmith has [ bFF000] and in Luoyang there's a <Br> tag) and quite a few minor spacing issues. Also choosing the fate of who Guardian Qin was chasing in the burning house had a third option that sounded like a mistranslation (Let him burn / release him from the acupuncture hold / Put the vase down??).

I'm enjoying being a useless kung fu dude and letting everybody else do the hard work! :v:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Getting your rear end kicked by a chicken and hiding in a corner to recover HP is the best induction to this game :allears:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

SweetBro posted:

Birthday Party So, when the chick attacked me I didn't hit her for only two turns (specifically she attacked me twice) and then the fight was over. However, I still got the manual. Is this a patch fix? I thought it was one or the other. Is it possible that this is because I had a random event with her when I was Strolling in the woods?

I got the same thing and I still managed to unlock the next step. Stroll in the forest some time after Luoyang and you should get another event with her and two other high level dudes.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, you can tell when the fish is tired because the line goes slack which is an indicator that you can start reeling it in. When reeling you can also let go of the mouse before the fish starts resisting again to get it to start pulling on the line to avoid having a moment where you're reeling in and it's pulling which can cause the line to snap.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Heads up: There's a softlock event if you stroll in the teahouse around the middle of year 2. It's the Buddhist monk Xu Zhen trying to remember a sword guy's name (not Gu Shi) and the game will just softlock halfway through. Be sure to save first if you stroll there just in case to avoid losing progress.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Greaseman posted:

Had that myself, found that changing to windowed mode made me able to get through.

I'll have to try that and see if that knocks it out of its rut, thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

You can meet him if you stroll in the forest at some point early in year 2 and he'll invite you to meet him again in october or so but I haven't gotten that far to say if he teaches poison moves or not.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

How to Train Poison (the skill, not Poison Kung Fu)

Ahh, that explains how my poison skill is nearly maxed out. The result prompts are way too easy to miss in this game. Thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Fans use short-handle, though I'm not sure what basic stats are supposed to go with it. I don't have a firm grasp of how all the numbers work together so far. I use the Fan moveset I got from The Scholar for it's range, knockback, and movement debuff and I can cheese anybody with poo poo movement or no ranged attacks.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tricky posted:

I think it's either calligraphy or painting, depending on who you get it from. The basic fan style is really good between the blindness debuff, +action level, and the drain on its base attack. Super strong if you get lots of counters.

Dangit, I'm awful at both of those :negative:

I'm gonna have to start taking screenshots notes to handle the pop quizes the masters give

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It's in the bottom right corner of that merchant area, there's a ˥-shaped building and the pawn shop around the corner bit. It took me a while to find too (and I didn't have the appraisal skill to successfully pass it either). I can take a screenshot tonight if you can't find it.

e: Sorry, added spoiler tag

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2016

• Locked thread