Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
This game is amazing, but even more than better translation, what I really need is a better quest log. I'm in the overworld section of the game, trying to find the ingredients for the poison cure. I have the weird fish from the frozen north and the bird blood from the desert, but I can't even remember what the third ingredient is. I don't see anything about it on the Event page. Help please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Do you need to do a quest to get Ji Wen to join your party? I have her at 100 affection, but whenever I talk to her she just says something about the Golden Wing. I thought that was for the poison cure quest. If that is something I need, where do I get it?

I hope it's not a bug. Ji Wen is my fave.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Heavy neutrino posted:

Is that on the normal route? I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure that the number of people you can actually recruit on the normal route is fairly limited. Ji Wen might not be recruitable.

To be completely honest though, unless they have a strong status debuff (Lan Ting is recruitable and has strong poison debuffs), recruitable characters are kind of useless because while every fight before the final two is pathetically easy, the last two fights are so completely out of normal characters' depth that they're likely to do no more than a couple hundred damage before getting one shotted. Your main character is going to be doing all the heavy lifting while Gu Yuexuan eats damage and pills.
It is the normal route as far as I know. This is my first time playing, so I doubt my flailing about would have managed to unlock any other kind. And yeah, I don't really want Ji Wen for her combat ability, but because her personality is cool as hell. I hadn't filled up every slot on my party list before talking to her, but it could be a route thing too. Oh well. There are plenty of other cool characters to enjoy.

• Locked thread