Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
So here's my stupid newbie questions on starting the game out, and I figure it probably won't matter too much in the long run, but it's bugging me.

Once I'm in the Valley and the new disciple and all that good stuff, should I just be doing training until the daily events pop up, or should I be hunting up any extra event stuff the moment I unlock the stroll option and more places to go to? I'm sort of leaning towards 'just train my balls off, because that Guardian Qin stuff pushed my face in', but I'm like, kind of worried if I don't do the exploring I'll miss something important before going to Luo.. Whatever, the city for the birthday party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
Thanks for the advice and tips for my last question, thread. Doing much better this time around.

Different question tho, does anyone know which skills the traits Sentimental and Skilled Craftsman effect? Craftsman obviously effects blacksmith, but seems like a kinda wasted trait if that's it. Same with Sentimental, it says it works with art... Is that just painting, or does that include like music and go and such too?

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
Ohhh... In retrospect, that makes perfect sense. Never noticed the groupings before really, so now I feel kinda dumb. Thanks a bunch!

Was thinking of restarting my character with a different trait after my latest start with weapon master, too many of the unarmed styles look cool, heh. Just wasn't sure which trait to aim for instead. Still not convinced Prodigy is actually a good thing after my last attempt with it.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
I restarted with a Smart, Sentimental, Malevolent character. I'm not sure I'm a fan of either weapon master or unarmed, just because then I feel kind of limited, instead of just grabbing what looks cool at the time, which was the problem I had with weapon master, and I'm guessing I'd have the same feelings with unarmed. It's just me and fighting between my min-max urges and just playing the drat game and doing whatever stupidly sounds fun at the time, you know?

Also, I don't know if this is totally true, but I do think I hurt one of my earlier characters taking both industrious and martial arts prodigy at the start. Maybe I just had a really bad starting hp and didn't notice at the time, but the same start by the time I got to Luoyang I wasn't even bumping 1800hp, and that's including taking the hp pill at the start and maxing out my internal. Yet, all of my Smart charcters without it consistantly hit around 2500+ hp for Luoyang. I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of flat 'gain' to training internals, so even tho I'm only getting 800-1000xp a train instead of twice that, I'm still gaining hp/energy at a flat rate per train. Dunno. Seems odd.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009

Greaseman posted:

How do you unlock training in poison? I've beaten the game once, did as much strolling as I could manage and maxed my affection for the poison lady, but she never showed up again.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you might need to meet with the dude who poisons you at the start of the game? I think? Maybe?

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
I have a stupid question. When you max Internal, can you still train internal skills? Or do I need to be aware of maxing out Internal and that's the max hp/energy and style I can get for the game?

Also, is there a specific bonus for getting an internal style to 10, or is the bonus pretty much just flat across the training no matter the level?

EDIT: Thanks a bunch for the answer. I figured it'd be something like that, but with how weird some bits of the game are I was curious, heh.

Sporkie fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
You know, after sinking close to 150 hours into this game, my biggest hope for a DLC? Some costume stuff or something. I'm tired of my super martial arts fancy fan waving flame blasting man being the worst dressed person in the game. Except maybe some of the Beggars. Some of them don't look as cool. But you know what I mean. Or maybe it's just me and being tired of that blue shirt.

• Locked thread