Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

This is a weird and fun game, but can anyone tell me how to make pellets? I'm at the point where my harvesting's maxed out, started raising medicine and the doctor's telling me to practice making pellets, but I can't find any interface as to where. I gathered it's the alchemy skill in the books, but that doesn't seem to help much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

randomcommoner posted:

It should be in the production tab as alchemy, near smithing iirc. The ingredients are listed in the alchemy tab in the books, although with their text cut off when its long.
Aha, thought so! Thank you. Apparently the problem then is I haven't yet got any recipes.

I do like though that you can't ever run out of things to do in this game, even if you can't do/don't know how to do certain things yet, there's always something else.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

My favorite untranslated bit was at the cooking competition village where the reminder of ingredients needed was entirely in Chinese. At least I could deduce the amount of them by punctuation.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

So I was trawling through the Steam discussions for the game to see if there's any news of more patches/translation fixes coming up and came across this:

"r80728 [developer posted:

"]
Here's a summary about what's coming up in the next DLC:

1. Main story extension
DongChang route and Begger's Sect route largely extended. New plot lines, new battles, new possibilities for every current routes, more or less.

2. New romance possibilities.
Shen Lan and a brand new character, a princess from Western Region, may develop relationship with the protagonist.

3.New moves to learn and new events to explore.
Our protagonist will have chances to learn more moves related to poison. Plus he may learn one of the most notorious and fearsome swordsmanship in wuxia history, which would require him to sacrifice part of his bodypart.

4.Achievement system & New game plus(will be known as the Power of Sanctuary):
Players will be able to collect in-game CGs and endings and view them at any time they want through the achievement page on the main menu. Plus, if players manage to achieve certain conditions, they will unlock special CGs for the achievements.

Player will receive a Power of Sanctuary once they clear the game in non-monkey difficulty. Power of Sanctuary can be used to lock certain stats or raise the possible limitation of all stats. Other than that, some of the new talents can also be unlocked after players have at least cleared the game once.

If everything goes well, we should be able to see this new DLC this month, both on the original Chinese version and Steam version.
:neckbeard:

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

So I'm doing one of the pre-endgame quests (I presume) where you need to gather ingredients for Wudang master's antidote and I'm stuck on the hunting part. Haven't done hunting in this playthrough before and I'm poo poo at it, so used up all arrows I could find on getting the bear and tiger ingredients for the Beastmaster lady. Problem being, still haven't got the silver tiger skin and can't find any more arrows in any of the towns. Does anyone know if they restock or should I accept quest as failed and soldier on?

EDIT: Had to reload an earlier save and grind for an hour.:suicide: Have about 100 arrows left now so let's hope next part of quest doesn't take one hour more.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 10, 2016

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

drat, no save in between the last fights is brutal. Lost my last one on my first attempt, time to have another go. Just hope my character's not gimped too much!

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Runs fine for me on a laptop with Windows 10, so there must be something else going wrong for you. Are you playing full screen?

And yeah, just found autosaves! At least there's only one battle to replay now rather than a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

You can jump onto roofs and off of mountains. :psyduck:

Has this always been the case or does it depend on your quickness? Don't remember discovering this my first playthrough.

• Locked thread