Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
OHHH MY GOD, PAGE 5 DIVING PAID OFF! I'm so exciteeeddd!!! Must get English version, or enslave Nyaa to making a translation guide o_o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

:siren: Translation Complete :siren:

The English version on Steam still need more time for testing and adjustment.

Leaked English Banner.

Oh my god, this is hella exciting. I hope it is appropriately priced, any word on time.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

No words on date yet. They seem to be adjusting the English text on the UI and stuff.

Side note, do you have a link to your old thread?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stoked. Thanks for letting me know!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Wahhh! Why is it so big!

Downloading now!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Any hot tips before I begin playing!?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

can I go to a gathering of people and get them drunk by uncontrollably vomiting on them in this game, or is this the wrong kind of chinagame

There is a drunken move that sort of does this!

edit: I love this game, it's not perfect but once I got past the opening segment bugs and got keyboard working, I just love it.

edit: Got to the sim part, that drat bird made me nostalgic for your LP Nyaa

edit: the internal points are not translated at all. I have the Chinese, but no idea which one is Baihui, wahhh!

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 28, 2016

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Using google translate and some guesswork
Baihui is the very top of the head, top most point

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
This isn't quite Age of Wushu(?) haha

And yeah referring to this

Even just the...romanized? version of it would be fine, since that's what the game uses.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

King Doom posted:

I cunningly solved that by reading the bit literally right before you need to pick the right acupuncture point where the guy actually says 'it's the one on the top of your head'.

Is there any way to rotate the camera around in sim mode? feels like there should be.

Ahaha oh man I am dumb. That said, I think it comes up a lot?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

gently caress the ROW posted:

I can't get this to work with a keyboard or a controller

A)Turn off steam overlay
B)Alt-enter for full screen
C)...just try running it a few times I think

JosephWongKS posted:

If you attack her and survive four rounds of combat with her, you receive a internal chi manual from the birthday party's host after the battle.
If you don't attack her and just "Wait" each round and survive four rounds of her attacking you, you unlock Yaksha's romanceable path.

Darnit I moved away from her, apparently that doesn't count.

Thanks for the spot names!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MotU posted:

Aw heck you can't even move? I got 2 shot, I can't imagine not being able to take *any* action

I think if you just wait nothing happens? My moving resulted in me getting one shot so I can't imagine there's any other way.

Abu Dave posted:

I love wuxia moveis so i picked this up. I dont really like super japanese games so heres to hoping it's kinda tolerable :suicide:

It's super wuxia. And like 99% translated :D

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
If you can't skip the intro, your keyboard isn't working with the game.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Any sweet secrets for getting cash? Hunting seems okay but I'm not sure what to sell/what I'll need later for crafting

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

King Doom posted:

Eat the deer horns, gallbladders and penises, sell the rest unless you feel like grinding cooking.

Edit: Jesus gently caress, the chest puzzles are loving ridiculous! They go from 'make all the tiles match there's one colour that doesn't fit' right to 'I hope you can see in four dimensions because the solution here is to create a triangle made from three right angles' with no middle ground!

You essentially want to pick a color that is mostly set up for you either horizontally or vertically, then just kind of...yeah.

It's complicated and very hard for some chests. 20 moves and three-four colors? Go to hell game!

edit:

always never not grinding my combat styles in battles with weak regenerating enemies.

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 29, 2016

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The artwork stuff, do I need it for anything or can I sell it freely?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The translation has taken a dip hilariously on this quest.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MotU posted:

is this the restaurant one, because if not then you ain't sen nthaoing yert sishu

restaurant yes ahaha, glorious.

edit: Finally reached peek rear end kicking.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I got my starter internal to ten, then I recommend stroll->either chores or profession repeat. Strolling leads to events which have really good rewards, give relationship, or cool stuff.

Also, as a note, painting gives a really good internal, gives HP Regen+a bunch of stats.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Raising Quickness/QingNong/Movement increases map movement in RPG mode, hahaha.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MotU posted:

idk if it depends on what path you got put on but that portion did not last all that long for me so as far as I know it isnt nearly the same scale

Can you tell me where to go after Cheng Du? I am super lost.

I went to talk to beggar sect, because trusting Xiao took me to sim, and so did staying out of it?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Beat it. Great Minister, Great Swordsmith, God of Cookery, God of Wine, two wives. Shame the endings are so railroady, no idea how to join on the other side of that event? Of the three options that start it, help Xiao, and stay out of it seem to do the same thing.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MotU posted:

Can't you turn the original dude running away in for a bounty with the constable? That might do something else with the event, or maybe not even fire it at all?

I let him go, and didn't take the bounty. Still doesn't seem to be anyway to side with them? When I select Help Xiao, the mc is like, I'd just be in the way!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

MotU posted:

Wait, did you not help Xiao? Who's side were you on? I was helping Xiao the whole time

No! How!?

I could tell the Beggar's, and be against him. Or I could trust him to handle it, and move on to the other end event? Or I could...stay out of it? I don't know what that one would do

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Good new for power gamer, you can grind kung fu mastery in battle.

Bad new: It took 400-500 turns to max one kung fu. Half of it is rest-healing though. I recommend grinding on this battle.

Depends on martial knowledge I think, I went about 100-200 for most, but I had the Encyclopedia of Wulin

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

King Doom posted:

What the hell? you can grind kung-fu? How? what do the skills max out at?

Oh, and is it possible to get the drunken master to leave the valley? I've got all the other masters so happy with my progress they wandered off, but since he's bugged to not give you skills properly I want to know if I'm wasting time drinking with him or not.

Yes, it requires very specific circumstances though. An enemy who regens at a rate acceptable to not take a year. You can spend up to an hour or more just maxing a single one. Less if you just go for all the skills.

OscarDiggs posted:

Does anyone know how to find a plum for the chess boy in Dukang?

I was unable to find one until much later. I wonder if he likes it as a courier gift.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

King Doom posted:

I've done a bunch of fights for chapters from the 14 books of Nobody, but what the hell do they rewards actually do? is there a tab for special feats or something somewhere I've missed? they don't show up as new martial arts or anything.

You get new strategies, boost party defense, guarantee double attacks, random buff for anyone wielding a staff. They're incredibly great.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

I met him, but I think my poison isn't high enough to qualify. Not sure if he will teach me if I passed, but I assume he will since he does in the original game.

Only way to qualify is to visit with poison girl enough to finish her event, it's like 6 visits or something and got my poison to high 80's. He offered to teach me but I never followed up, or couldn't. I don't know which. He did end up teaching me the second poison art way later in another event that referenced it, but I could never train poison.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

I think I messed up my character's growth or somesuch. I just got to the point early in the game where you visit Luoyang (probably misspelled) with Ji and Yuexuan, and although I can't really die thanks to the combined effects of Internal Style regeneration and regeneration from the sword style's first attack, I just seem to do abysmal damage. It took me fifteen turns to beat up some stupid bear, and it also took practically forever to bully those four blowhards in town. How do you raise damage, exactly?

This game's really addicting though. I'd been waiting for it ever since I read JosehWongKS's beginnings of a LP for it, so I bought it on impulse last night and then suddenly it was 3 am.

Martial Knowledge, the relevant fighting type (staff/sword/blade), the skill in the style itself (it levels as you use it, but you can raise it in sim too), attack power (raised by training internal/weapons/fights/etc)

Many styles also have a secondary skill that will improve it. The starting sword style is ehh, it'll be okay when you get it to level 10 but you should find a style that suits better, and a weapon to go with it. Note that you will actually deal less damage at first with a new style, but if you face an enemy who regens, and you can surtvive their damage you can train it with some patience.

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 3, 2016

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Pellet is alchemy.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Is the bear fight supposed to have like a billion turns that completely skip your actions? Is it bugged or is this some lovely "you're not flexible/quick enough to have turns" thing?

Huhn? Everyone always gets one turn, even if you get stasis'd your turn still comes up. Sounds like a bug. Some enemies can attack more than once if they have something that grants double/extrattack where their attacks will repeat after doing them.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Does the Weapon Master talent work on music instrument? Cause I found a guqin with 120 atk! :derp:

I think so, thank god for my 180(120?) attack spear that gave 200 defense!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ehh, I find that's sort of the point. You aren't supposed to see/do everything in one playthrough. Blind holds some of the charm, makes decisions meaningful.

I do plan to dissect it play #2 though.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

It's not that bad when you are circling the city like a race car. :agesilaus:

100 Qingong (???) represent!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The valentines day gifts are insanely good. Best armor, +500 health and super cureall meds. Romance all ladies.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

There isn't likely to be any polishing for the translation beside fan translation in the far future. These are a few untranslated scripts in the game that will be fixed in the next patch. The general consensus is the game is fun despite the annoying google translate quailty. Also a few amazing hong kong dub moment.

Can vouch for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

DrManiac posted:

What stats does Buddha's Nine Seals draw from? the starting fist style is twice as strong when it should be the opposite on paper.

Anyway the game's translation is both better and worse than I thought. The regular dialog is mostly ok in that it's mostly just awkwardly worded. Then you get entire pop quizzes on poems that's 100% in Chinese or untranslated pictures that you need for an entire part of the game. I can't complain too much though because the game is just as good as I imagined it and it's a miracle to be able to actually understand as much of it as I can. I hope it's English sells did enough to consider a better options on future games.

Did they not give you the answer in the untranslated ones?

• Locked thread