Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Holy poo poo this game is a time vampire.

Couple of questions. Does the start of the game/sect you start it change based on your character's starting stats?

Also has anyone managed to find the real golden pin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

So useful poo poo for those who are starting:

When creating your character your stats will be randomly rolled. The only stat that I've found to be hard to improve through in-game means is comprehension, so I would roll until that starts high.

You also roll your 3 talents.
Your first talent will always be Industrious or Smart. This will affect which stats lower/raise mood. Your mood determines which events can trigger and the rate of exp you gain.
Your second talent will give you bonus stat gain when training poo poo.
Your final stat will give you bonuses based on your alignment (E.G. Chivalrous +damage for doing good poo poo).

The game is broken down into 3 parts.
Maprunning: You will run around talking to people, completing quests, and basically trying to get gear/kung-fu poo poo.
Combat: Self-explanatory. As a note, the way you handle combat and which characters you attack or don't allegedly have an effect on the story.
Dating Sim Stat Management: If you've ever played a stat-management dating sim game, you know what this is. You have 10 energy to spend each day, use this to train and build relationships with other characters.

In the first village at point you will be offered 3 pellets for perma buffs.

Scarlet gives you +50 Attack.
Purifying gives you +200 HP.
Taiji gives you +200 energy.

My tips:
Always save before going hunting, there's a bug that when you kill an animal it won't dissapear so the next wave will never spawn essentially ruining the rest of the hunt.
Never leave a maprunning part early. Worst comes to worst. Spam a random trade skill for money and stats.
Invest in your Internal Skill that you get at the start of the game. The extra HP is critical to not dying in every fight in one hit.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Sporkie posted:

So here's my stupid newbie questions on starting the game out, and I figure it probably won't matter too much in the long run, but it's bugging me.

Once I'm in the Valley and the new disciple and all that good stuff, should I just be doing training until the daily events pop up, or should I be hunting up any extra event stuff the moment I unlock the stroll option and more places to go to? I'm sort of leaning towards 'just train my balls off, because that Guardian Qin stuff pushed my face in', but I'm like, kind of worried if I don't do the exploring I'll miss something important before going to Luo.. Whatever, the city for the birthday party.

Training. You should have around ~2k hp before Luo or you will continue having your face pushed in.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Birthday Party So, when the chick attacked me I didn't hit her for only two turns (specifically she attacked me twice) and then the fight was over. However, I still got the manual. Is this a patch fix? I thought it was one or the other. Is it possible that this is because I had a random event with her when I was Strolling in the woods?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Anyone figure out how to access the "Expiriences" menu?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

SweetBro posted:

Also has anyone managed to find the real golden pin?

Ah, if your Appraisal is too low you'll be sold a fake. Mine was ~60 when I bought it.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Go to where one would buy arsenic.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

WAIT THERE'S A loving WORLD MAP IN THIS GAME? DID I JUST GET FF7ED!?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Does anyone know if there's a fan translation for the .7 or .9 versions of this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Pls, let this be my Christmas present.

• Locked thread