Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Welp, I was torn on whether or not to get this based on stories of incomprehensible translations and bugs, but now that I see the thread here I'll dive in with both feet and look forward to posting stories of strange kung fu wizardry.

Also, I was a big fan of reading the original LP in the Archive, Nyaa, so thanks for introducing me to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
I got to the part with the guy who challenges you to do Chinese couplets with him in Luoyang and am sad because translating them to English means that the game makes no sense. The problem of course is that I have no idea how they would even begin to localize something like that, but I am curious to hear other peoples' thoughts on how something like that might be attempted.

It's a bit like Terranigma, where one boss fight uses a gimmick from a Japanese childrens' rhyme game that makes no sense unless you know how to play it.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer

Nyaa posted:

12 total romance and 'that' kung fu. :aaaaa:

Wow, if that is what I am thinking of (Sunflower Manual?) I wonder if it is possible for there to exist a hero who uses that style.

• Locked thread