Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hurm
Jul 21, 2015
I have to say, the translation bothers me more and more as I keep playing. I wasn't expecting anything stellar, of course, it being a user-driven one and all... but the minimum of quality control would've certainly been nice. Or, at the very least, ensuring it's actually all translated before release. I'm sure no one would really mind a later release if that was the cause. What we've got certainly beats being unable to play the game at all, but, well.

Though of all the aspects of it, it's not even the occasional 'bro' and 'pwned' that irk me as much as the fact the font gets hilariously small with longer bits of text... but at the same time, it's still just big enough in the Books menu to make actually reading an entire description of, say, a style totally impossible. Still, I would say the biggest concern given the quality of the translation is that it's not only highly unlikely to be improved, nor does it bode particularly well for possible DLC translations (if they happen at all, which seems less than certain).

On a more positive note, I haven't had a single major bug and only two or three crashes, and the game itself is amazing. It's a bit hard to strike the balance between faffing around with events and actual training to keep on/ahead of the curve, but after the initial massive failure of a run it's manageable. The 'running around and sidequesting' segments can certainly get hectic at times, between the time limits and lack of prior knowledge. But then I suppose that's just the nature of the game, partially dependant on using knowledge from prior playthroughs.

One thing I'm wondering about is whether it's even particularly viable to play a character with the (so translated) 'Smart' personality, considering the apparent emphasis on Basic/Internal training in the simulation part. I do recall it being called a newbie trap in the LP thread, but I honestly didn't expect it to be quite this much. Not that I've actually tested it, mind, as I'm unwilling to start a second playthrough before finishing the first. It's just an observation based on how much time I spend on getting those Internal Styles up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread