Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Strudel Man posted:

Norse Visigoths, yet.

Bringing things full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Sydin posted:

Immortal Irish Republic update:

Behold, the Norse Theocracy of Africa, in Europe, vassal of the Umayyad Empire. :allears:
Now that, that's pretty good I tell you what. What's the history like on them?

Fuzzysocksucker
Aug 20, 2005

Torrannor posted:

I will make a new OP tomorrow, I somehow feel we need an animal kingdom thread title.

No need to get wildly elaborate.

Crusader Kings 2 - gently caress a duck.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there's a thread title joke in there somewhere about ck2 players and animals both killing their offspring but it's just not coming to me

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
How do I deal with an empowered council?

As Karen I pledged fealty to Samanid, successfully pushed an ultimatum to increase council power, then later let revolt to Overthrow the Shah. For some reason, the council installed me as Shah.

Now, I want to get rid of this loving council and change my succession law away from Elective. I just don't see the path to doing it. They didn't approve on my request to change a council law.

Do I just need to bribe enough members to get favors or is there another way?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Buy favors as needed OR stuff the council with loyalists and lock up anyone who doesn't like it.

Though loyalists can become non loyalists if you're too much of an evil tyrant, so consider your timing w/r/t locking people up.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Brother Entropy posted:

there's a thread title joke in there somewhere about ck2 players and animals both killing their offspring but it's just not coming to me

Crusader Kings 2 - Help control your demesne: have your offspring spayed or neutered

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 11, 2018

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
CK2: Cat Crusade for Holy Sandbox

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Tuscany --> Italy --> HRE going very well

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Charlz Guybon posted:

That’s a nice map. Looks like the Sultanate of Rum is just a little pretentious, claiming to be Rome while Romes 1 and 2 are in Italian and Byzantine hands, respectively.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Charlz Guybon posted:

You need to stab and marry your way into Constantinople

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
:siren:New thread is here:siren:

I will do an in-depth write up of the various DLC, but I need your help with the mod list. I've only really played the Elder Scrolls mod before, I usually play vanilla CK2 (unlike Stellaris, where I rarely play vanilla). So I'm not super sure which mods are still maintained, and which are the best right now. I would appreciate if somebody could make a list of mods worth to try out.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Rumda posted:

You need to stab and marry your way into Constantinople

I did this without stabbing anyone, except on the battlefield like a true Christian knight.

It's not my fault most of you are immoral heathens who can't run a realm without stabbing children in the back.

I have since conquered Poland and inherited Denmark.

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 11, 2018

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I kinda want one more dlc after this one now, go full fantasy, more animal kingdom stuff, wizards, monsters or whatever. Seems like a potential market, but idk.

Also a unicorn portrait for the fancy horses.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 11, 2018

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
A jaguar invasion from beyond the seas perhaps?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Stellaris invasion.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey goons, exactly how much melatonin would a bro need to render himself unconscious until the 13th?

Asking for a friend.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

I did this without stabbing anyone, except on the battlefield like a true Christian knight.

It's not my fault most of you are immoral heathens who can't run a realm without stabbing children in the back.

I have since conquered Poland and inherited Denmark.
Addendum, I did have a pope snake bit because the next preiat in line liked me enough to lift my excommunication, however that did not expand the realm, so I remain technically correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

• Locked thread