Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
If your idea of a fun time in CK2 is amassing as much land as possible as quickly as possible, Conclave will noticeably make your game less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
After the End is very much a breath of fresh air for the game. Having sunk hundreds of hours into the game and having seen a fair share of mods, I'm impressed with both the originality and scope of the After the End.

So much so that I hammered out a short little AAR based on my experiences as a tribal Chief in Arizona. High Chief Jojo Kino worshiped the atom, warred with militant Mormons from the Rocky Mountains and eventually died of radiation sickness.

It was a wild loving ride.

Check it out and let me know what yall think!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Koorisch posted:

So can anyone give me tips on how to play After The End?

I tried it out but I didn't do very well, I could not get the Interstate river trading working either since I don't know how to use it.

Gameplay wise, ATE plays similar to a challenging mod like CK2+ in that mortality rates are upped and it's generally harder to map color.

The new systems also aren't intuitively obvious in thier function, but can be pretty strong if used strategically.

However the interstate trade system is hosed. Any break in the line will disrupt trade for everyone, it's a known issue that's being addressed. My games usually have trade for maybe ~5 years but then some raid half the country away cuts it off and it never recovers.

Awhile ago I made a short little AAR to get newbies accustomed to the new systems and gameplay.

http://imgur.com/a/jQT6H

Enjoy!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
At this point I sort of wish Paradox would leave CK2 to the modders and focus all of their development teams on CK3 (and other games of course).

I've sunk ~>1000 hours into CK2, and countless others into modding attempts and AARs. The code core was never intended for multi-core processors and some of the mechanical design decisions for how events fire and character interaction are about as elegant as a sledgehammer. These things are hardcoded and it's very unlikely to change via DLC.

On a top of the line modern computer this almost decade old game will chug and crash when enough history has accumulated, and this is a loving software sin. It simply doesn't matter at this point if they add China/skeletons/fantasy realms or any other content because the game engine at it's core is a feeble, maimed, syphilis ridden uncle who just won't die.

I don't give a poo poo if CK3 is barebones and unmoddable at launch, so long as it's optimized for multi-threading and the UI looks like it's from this decade I'll buy it day one and play it to my grave.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm watching The Last Kingdom, which takes place in Wessex in the 860's during the invasion of the great heathen armies. It's based off a book series I hear is good, but I can't confirm as I haven't read them. The series is good at least.

The Last Kingdom was a great show, but like many others it took awhile to get rolling and I think it lost a lot of viewers early on.

Once it had that momentum, though, what it did with it was grand and drat good television.

It's a good little companion piece to CK2 as well. If at the end of every episode you aren't filled with the immediate urge to raid your enemies and politically scheme your way to the top, you may want to check your pulse.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

TorakFade posted:

An adventurer clown? Seems like you stumbled upon the ideal physician, really.

*Enters court in a pair of jingling shoes and a multicolor afro wig*

"Sire you have cancer"

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

kingturnip posted:

It'll get a few more streams once Holy Fury is out.
At the very least, Arumba usually gets a game going once there's new content to check out.

Arumba
Quill18
NGParadox
Roll1D2 Games

Are all quality CK2 streamers with zero to little verbal diarrhea.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
10 days.

10 days and nothing from this poo poo life will matter anymore.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Out of the many new and fresh starts the expansion will provide, my first playthrough will likely be an attempt to infiltrate and reform the Honky Roman Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey goons, exactly how much melatonin would a bro need to render himself unconscious until the 13th?

Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread