Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Try converting the region to a defensive pagan faith first too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Fat Turkey posted:

Plenty of newbies here asking which of the DLC are worth picking up, and I've seen the answers so just one follow up to them.

If Way of Life has nerfed Seduction and doesn't ruin the game, that's good.

I've no desire to play pre 1066 or as tribes, would Old Gods be a waste?

Is the Byzantine worth it just for retinues? That area does kinda interest me though, but I've never tried it.

In theory I don't mind trying a Muslim game but have no idea where to start with it.

Not sure about the others.

Way of Life is loving awesome. I can't imagine playing without it now.

If you don't want to play as nordic folk or early dates, Old Gods is a bit of a waste. Eventually you'll probably want it just to have them all, but until then concentrate on what you want to play now.

Retinues are still cool. They aren't game breaking, but they have their uses. As a megapower they are great to quickly win holy wars against tiny little neighbors you can crush. Park them outside, declare war, issue move command into their one county / main bordering county, crush their army which is half the size of your well planned retinue, win the siege, take on the next neighbor. I'm in the early stages of a Charlmagne bookmark Abbasid game and they were great for cleaning out the odd little christian one county states at the bottom of the map. 400 men? Meet my 2,500 camels.

Muslims? Try any of the big caliphates for a nice easy introduction. They have some cool CBs and interesting mechanics. I'm not sold on them yet, but so far I've had fun.

Charlmagne is a must if you are playing as the byzantines, just for the viceroys.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

King-tier characters can only swear fealty to their de jure emperor. So Afghanistan could swear fealty to the Persian Emperor, but France can't.

Is this a horse Lord change? As in Charlemagne a popular strategy is to get everything needed to form the HRE but instead swear to the byzantines then take them from within for a mega empire.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

Does anyone have any tips on how to play a landlocked norse germanic tribal surrounded by other norse germanic tribals? I really want to play the count of Värmland at the 867 start due to the dynasty name but I have no idea what to do.

Subjugate a local coastal county, use your new seafaring nature to gently caress poo poo up like a good viking.

• Locked thread