Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I can never go back to CK2. Not because it is bad but because I can never just be happy doing a quick scenario or idea, I have to go full world conquest all the time. And now they've expanded the map again I'd feel even worse about failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is there any way to mess with CK2 export saves so I actually get proper ideas instead of whatever the converter felt like giving me? Or were ideas for Norse/Scandinavian cultures just rolled into something else?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Rincewind posted:

The converter exports an EU4 mod that can be edited in the same way as any other mod, including editing ideas, tech groups, and other stuff that tends to turn out strangely.

Any kinda guide to that? Do I just open up the appropriate file in a text editor and hop to it?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh, well, the latest patch just broke all my exported saves, so I guess that's that.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TorakFade posted:

I can see that modding, savescumming and such would make achievements trivial, but the lengths the game goes to ensure you never get one unless the stars are properly aligned is kind of baffling.

Especially considering achievements don't actually matter nor are in any way meaningful besides giving you an extra objective.

Technically, none of what we do in these games matter. I guess it really ruins some people's sense of immersion/achievement when their fake empires are ruled by fake people.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I just realized this game has had expansions made for it for 4 years. When will we be satisfied?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Goofballs posted:

That dude should get a special cheevo just for him, picture of a horse with the description I'm loving crazy

What I want to know is what happens when you import that game into EU4?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TheCIASentMe posted:

Hey how does Horse Culture convert to EUIV in the converter?

Just asking for... Research purposes.

We all need to know. Or Paradox needs to make Horse Lords 2 and make it about actual horses.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

Other than "fight them," any general tips for when I get Jihaded? Strategies I should follow? Never been in this situation before. I'm the king of Castille and was well on the way to completing the Reconquista. I was in the middle of an aggressive landgrab since the Almohad sultanate broke up into smaller states and I was gobbling them up while I could, so my army isn't exactly well rested.

My current borders:

I have the HRE and England as allies so I'll obviously call them in.

The last time I got jihaded I was playing Norse, and thus had access to a bunch of boats. Since I had holdings in Africa that the enemy wanted, I simply let him spread out his forces gaining attrition while I picked off his reinforcements until their armies were more manageable by landing my forces quickly onto much smaller stacks (what with my morale penalty for landing armies and their slight tech advantage). Before the enemy can converge on you you'll have won the fight and can flee over to your boats again. This might be tougher in Spain since it doesn't take a ton of time moving between some areas there, but the principle is the same: Never meet their big doomstack in combat, boat your forces around to either catch his smaller forces unaware or take over some of his counties to force him to retreat to grab them again until he's lost enough troops sieging you or from having too many troops in one spot.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 7, 2016

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

My immortal, lunatic, multiple amputee, mangled emperor got a prosthetic leg that gave him the confidence to ask a girl to dance, and they fell in love :3: Not sure what that'll do, exactly, but dude's had a lonely few centuries, so good for him.

Eventually you can just import into the as-of-yet unnancounced 40k Imperium manager game I guess.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Am I the last person to realize CK2 is The Sims in a global neighborhood with way more actions and consequences?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dareon posted:

If only I could remove all the ladders from these vikings' pools. :argh:

e: Devs please implement an assassination where you wait for the target to go swimming and then steal the ladder they'd use to get out.

More like walling them in. That was a legitimate thing after all!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

code:

execution_method = {
	death = death_execution_immurement
	weight_multiplier = {
		factor = 200
		modifier = {
			factor = 3
			FROM = {
				trait = architect
			}
		}
	}
	trigger = {
		FROM = {
			OR = {
				trait = wroth
				trait = cruel
				trait = architect
			}
			NOR = {
				is_nomadic = yes
				is_tribal = yes
			}
		}
	}
}
:)

I fixed it for 2.6.2.

gently caress! I guess your next job really IS drowning then.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Heck yeah, precisely the kinda thing I wanted for when the new EU4 DLC drops. I was buying it already, but now it is an even more sure thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So it is impossible to get a hermetic or similar kind of order as a Germanic religion? Damnit I just wanted my science-vikings to build weird boat-laboratories or something :(

• Locked thread