Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Thank god for the new thread

Gain 5.00 piety
5% chance Thread gains Wroth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
It is time to pray to the Almighty, that the heathen followers of the old ways be forcibly converted to our glorious new thread and thus mend the great schism.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Gonna be having a multiplayer sesh with some friends and cousins, and I'm trying to mod in a bunch of things.

We're all Welsh, so I've put us all in the game, along with a Welsh empire at the start, just to make us united. This isn't some nationalistic vanity project, mind. I mean, it's a vanity project definitely, but I personally, and a couple of my mates, feel more connected to the game when we're playing in a place we know, hence Wales.

So basically, I was wondering if there are any guides on making a new religion? We've played together in the past, and pretty much all of us think that vikings are fun as hell, so I want to mod in a (totally ahistorical) Druidic religion using the raiding and prepared invasion mechanics. If anyone knows of any tutorials about this, that would be great since I can't for the life of me find any.

(Oh also, a big thank you to DrSunshine for teaching me the basics of modding this game, pretty much 2 years ago today.)

Walton Simons posted:

Yeah, his score is pretty bad, down at -60% or something like that but the rebels are doing a really bad job of pressing home a victory, it's been hovering there for ages. I could try taking loads of men there and battering both sides so they can't fight each other and giving me a good warscore.

It's a strong fabricated claim so I should be able to go again with no truce in place even if I do get the dreaded inconclusive end.
Rebels are hostile to everyone, right? Unless I'm wrong, maybe you could send an army in, crush them, and then declare war while he's weak?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

PBJ posted:

Realistically, you could probably use the Celtic/Druidic religion from "Ancient Religions Reborn" as a starting-off point for adding in your religion, provided that you keep it from being shared online of course.

Edison was a dick posted:

There's an existing mod for this. Ancient Religions Reborn.

Sweet, thanks a lot!

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
-New Thread gains +1% moral authority.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
I've only used the converter once, but I didn't have to move any files about. Just, when it was done, it showed up in the mods section as soon as I loaded EU4. I doubt that's your problem, but maybe try converting again without moving the mod file after?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Wales is never allowed nice things. :(

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Oh god that mod makes me ill.

Like, I know it's funny to take the piss out of sickos on the internet, but can we please not give him any more attention?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Moridin920 posted:

I am continually amazed at the unrealistic ahistorical poo poo people mod into their games under the guise of 'historical realism and accuracy.' Not just CK2, all games.

Just admit you want to wank to some rape fantasy my god. AFAIK noble prisoners were treated really well aside from the very occasional hot poker murder.

Yeah, I mean in British history for example, the only king to actually murder a prisoner himself is still considered one of the worst monarchs we've ever had, partly for that reason.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

TorakFade posted:

Speaking of which, what are the "big" random event chains? I had the Satan spawn, Joan of Arc and Robin Hood ones (in many different playthroughs of course) and I'm wondering if there's more hidden behind a MTTH wall.

Godslayer. :black101:

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Goofballs posted:

Wait do patches mess with your savegames?

Major ones do, but if you right click the game in steam and select properties, you'll find a dropdown list of game versions you can revert back to.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Tehan posted:

261.3 megabyte update on Steam :toot:

Can't see Horse Lords on the Steam store yet, though.

My update says its queued for 15:51 GMT so I expect that's when its scheduled for release.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Unless it isn't actually out yet and y'all are jumping the gun.

I know it's on steam, but I expect it just hasn't been activated yet. Give it an hour or so.

e: Sometimes, schedules just aren't synced. For example, the Telltale Games series are often available at midnight on PSN, but aren't actually playable until an hour or two later.

Saith fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 14, 2015

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Untick the boxes that say that Horse Lords is installed, restart Steam, retick the boxes and the DLC will install.

It worked for me at least. :getin:

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
I dunno, i think it might be saying that if the holding is yours, you get 100 but if its someone elses, you get 20. Don't quote me on that, though.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Hey guys, I've been wondering how clans/noble families are generated.

What I mean is, when you go from tribal to a Republic, does I generate random families or do your courtiers/vassals get considered? Same thing for clans - when you make a new clan, will if take someone from your court or is it just a random generation?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Bloodly posted:

They're going to allow you more detail on how you set up your provinces and the happiness of your people.

By porting in Master of Olympus:Zeus.

Whatever the DLC turns out to be, it will now be a disappointment.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
A lot of the stuff I enjoy about CK2 comes from the historical inaccuracy. I think it's the same for most players, actually. That's why we all get excited when a screenshot of Cyprus-owned Norway or Slavic Spain shows up, right? Because this game is all about the batshit crazy things that come from scheming AI and the ripple-effect our actions have on the world.

That said, and I know it's pretty much the reverse of good game design, but I think this game could benefit from less information being given to the players. I shouldn't be able to tell that my vassal is a sadistic, scheming coward, should I? It's not like he'd brag about it at the feast - not unless he was a proud imbecile, at least. For a potential CK3, I think it would be great if other character's traits were obfuscated in some manner, or at least not as certain as in this game. Likewise, promoting commanders should come with a risk - sure, I could give command to my best general, but his dynasty has historically been at odds with my own. Maybe I should pick my son - he's an idiot, sure, but he won't march home and kill me. Probably. I especially shouldn't be able to see exactly how much someone (dis)likes me - not accurately, at least.

Things like that, where you can never be certain who your real friends are, never know who you can trust, would make the game feel more like the period it's set in as opposed to, like a fellow poster put it, every ruler having the internet.

I don't know. I'm not a game-designer. Adding in this level of uncertainty would probably be either too complex or too unfun, but I personally think it would be really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
This looks like everything I've ever wanted out of CK2.

• Locked thread