Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

There's Heretic Pride, which adds stuff to the various heresies. Haven't tried it out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Are the steppe horse nomads really called Ungols in Warhammer?

No one ever said Warhammer was subtle.

The Warhammer counterparts to the Vikings are called the Norse and China is called Cathay.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I think the addition of moddable trade routes could help make the map much interesting. It would also provide a good vector for spreading the plague. :kheldragar:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

That already happens, if Im not mistaken. Im pretty sure I had some banished kinsman return as adventurers.

I think I had a banished kinsmen come back as an adventurer, declare war on me, get banished again, and then become an adventurer and declare war on me.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Dunatis Ishmael posted:

Are vikings coded to prioritize raiding the player, or is just confirmation bias because I can't see them raiding everyone else.

It just seems that Iget like a million popups a minute about raiders, no matter where in the world I am at the moment. Like, seriously? India is a more valuable target than ALL the rest of europe that is right by your door?

:stare: How are you getting Vikings in India?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Pivotal Lever posted:

I'm a relatively new player and I would like some advice on a situation I have.

I'm the King of Wales and Ireland and I also have some territory in Scotland. The Pope called a Crusade against Finland and I wasn't in a war and wasn't planning on being in one for several years, so I decided to summon all 18k of my dudes and go crusading. I showed up before the Pope and aside from him, no one else showed up. I split my army into 3 parts and started sieging and battling armies. Most of the counties were single holding counties so this went quickly. I got my warscore up to 100% and all of a sudden I am the King of Finland with a demesne of 18/7 after the Pope calls victory. I got everything in the Kingdom of Finland aside from 2 counties in Karelia.

I have 11 counties and 2 duchies to give away. How should I give away all this land? Do I need a Finnish county in my demesne to keep the King of Finland title?

Nope. Give away all the Finnish territory (Finland is the worst kingdom in the game) and you can keep the king title. The Finnish lords should be your vassals.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Fall Sick and Die posted:

I know it doesn't necessarily make sense to have it starting out, but can you add the ability to at least form the Byzantine Empire to After the End?

paradoxforums.txt

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Fuligin posted:

I'm more curious if the much vaunted performance fixes are as noticeable as groogy has suggested.
He balanced it out by adding 1000 new Norse characters.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

alcaras posted:

Started a game as a Cathar in India (Ruler Designer).

Pretty fun so far. A few questions:

- Before I declare on a Jain/Buddhist/Hindu ruler, I scout out their armies using the Realm View. If they're low, then I'll strike. But uh, sometimes(?) an extra 4-6k troops pop up, led by a "Grandmaster" -- do they have holy orders from 769 onwards?
- Do Cathars get any holy orders? Or only if I make mainline Catholicism into a heresy and thus take their holy orders?
- Has anyone encountered crashes after loading multiple times in a session? (I reloaded from auto-save a few times in a row while tackling some particularly challenging wars -- e.g. ones where I was surprised by an unexpected instantly-summoned holy order(?) on my enemy's side). It seems if I load a game 4 or 5 times, it'll CTD pretty regularly on the last load.
- Are Jain/Buddhist/Hindu harder to convert? Because my 15+ skill priests are not having much luck... I think out of the 15 counties I've amassed, I've only managed to make 8 or 9 Cathar. Though does Moral Authority influence conversion success?
- Anything else to know about playing a heresy in India? :p

The Indian religions always have holy orders.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I saw the mod on the Steam Workshop, looked at the title, and said "Nope".

edit: This is one of the preview images.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 10, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Keeper Garrett posted:

Okay, as Germanic Republic Jylland, I managed to Holy War France and am now the Prince Mayor of that. France is my Primary title.

Can I move my capital to Paris? Or will it cause a game over. I've read that this will happen, but haven't seen if I got sorted. This is an iron man game too.

Pretty sure Merchant Republics aren't allowed to move their capital, especially inland. If you go inland, you'll become a regular republic, and that's game over.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Let's stop the discussion on the rape mod. It appears to have been taken off the Steam Workshop and the Paradox forums, so someone clearly got word of this and shut it down.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

New Achievements for Horse Lords:

Steppe by Steppe
As a steppe horde, conquer the whole steppe region.

"Never start a Land War in Asia"
Start in Western Europe and completely conquer the region of Mongolia.

Norse-East
As a Norse character, become King of Mongolia.

Pax Mongolica
Build 3 fully upgraded silk road trade posts.

Sword to Ploughshare
Settle a steppe mercenary with more than 20 martial in your lands.

Let's go out into the Field
Defeat a sibling in a war using the rival casus belli.

Nobody's Business but the Turks
Conquer Constantinople as a Turkic steppe horde.

One Arrow Alone can be Easily Broken but Many Arrows are Indestructible
As a steppe horde, have a population of 150 000.

Go West Young Mongol
As a steppe horde, have an independent tributary King or Emperor in the British Isles

Who Needs Vasco da Gama?
Own all the silk route ports in india as a European merchant republic.

Run With the Wolf
Play as a character with Wolf's Blood.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

A lot of steppe cultures have a wolf as their mythological ancestor, and various enemies of the hordes have described them as looking more like monsters than humans.

edit: See this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_mythology#The_Grey_Wolf_legend

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 11, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

I just watched him misread "Priestess" as "Princess" and wonder why he A) didn't get any alliances when he married them and B) why his prestige is in the shitter. You'd think he'd notice something was off when a "princess" was House Lowborn.

EDIT: And now he's trying to raid fellow nomads while failing to realize that he borders the goddamn Byzantine Empire.

EDIT 2: Youtube comments are normally pretty lovely but a lot of these are pretty good.

Regardless, his LP really makes me want to play Horse Lords. Nomads look like a lot of fun, and it's nice to see that at least one non-Norse pagan religion is now getting some love.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So now we have actual bisexuals:

At least, it's the first I've noticed them.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

What I mean to ask is if the 867 Khazars are still Nomads or if they've settled down into ordinary Feudalism (because, if I remember correctly, the earlier Khazars aren't Jews).

867 Khazars are still Nomads and still Jewish. Nomads seem to instantly convert any nomadic province, so you shouldn't have the pagan revolts from hell anymore.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I may be super dumb for not seeing this, but how do nomads build trading posts on the silk road(if they do at all)? Nomads don't gain technology points and thus can't increase their trading post limit.

Also, the one rival clan in my Khaganate are greedy assholes, I hold 5 counties and they hold 8, but they still demand more.

It's the same as building a trade post as a Merchant Republic, but it must on a Silk Road province. You can see those on the trade post map mode.

Also, split the clans, it doesn't appear to matter how much each individual clan has, just as long as you don't have a certain percentage of ALL the clans' territory. i.e. Have a bunch of little clans rather than one big rival clan.

edit: Nomads get tech points from special buildings, and they can still get tech points from Study Technology (a Spymaster mission)

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 15, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

That reminds me. I decided to invade Khiva and turn all the holdings into nomad provinces. This involves a lot of pillaging.

I came out one of the most advanced countries in the game and wealthy beyond imagining. My population cap doubled, and I became the most powerful of all the nomadic realms.

That said: Do not do this. I went through 30 rebellions in 5 years and I used the console a lot.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

StarMinstrel posted:

Yup, I realized actually that if you get conquered, it reduces your pop maximum really quickly and you then get your invasion casus belli unlocked. So it becomes easy to run away from danger by stomping on someone else.

So please have my poo poo land Kirmanz, I'm moving to greener pastures!
Which is what happened a lot in history.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Anonononomous posted:

Is there any chance that a patch will make them usable again? I was about one hundred years shy of exporting to EU IV. I thought last time the map expanded it simply wouldn't let you load old saves. I still have an old save around and it says Pre 2.1 and won't let me play it. But they let me break my save this time. That's not great.

Have you tried rolling back the patch?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Does anyone know which file decides what causes the catholic holy orders to spawn?

I'm trying to make a mod that makes it so the Templar ect. don't all just spawn at once as soon as the crusades start and instead spawn more naturally at different times (Templar when catholics control Jerusalem for example).

I looked in landed_titles.txt but couldn't find any conditions for when they spawn.

You want religious_events.txt for the base game Holy Orders, and soa_holy_order_events.txt for the Sons of Abraham holy orders.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

DStecks posted:

P sure that king-tier characters cannot swear fealty, and don't the Byzantines get free title revocation? It sounds either impossible or dangerous.

King-tier characters can only swear fealty to their de jure emperor. So Afghanistan could swear fealty to the Persian Emperor, but France can't.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Swedish Horror posted:

Apparently satan banged my wife. The satan child then murdered her three siblings and also a nanny.

It's going to be one hell of a civil war when she inherits.

I desperately want to be cucked by Satan.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Another Person posted:

Also, a feature I just realised would be really cool to add to the game: Saints, and other important figures from other faiths.

Currently it does not seem like Saints are really a thing in CK2. Please find a way to add them Groogy. To me, it seems like saints are a way of worshipping a local patron while still maintaining a monotheistic outlook. If certain rulers, or bishops, or figures, can be randomly sanctified, it would be really interesting, and events could be added to go with them.

It would not surprise me if they were working on it right now.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Another Person posted:

I hope they are. Saints are kinda important and missing in such a faith based game.

In the meantime you have this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244809041

Unfortunately, it seems to have only been updated up to 2.16.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

For fucks sake, if y'all mofos are gonna bring up drama, then at least link it. Not everyone can follow all the drama at the Pdox forums and you cant entice us like that and then leave us hanging. :colbert:

Here you go: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/extreme-content-policy.871567/

This guy is basically complaining that it's unfair for the Unhanded Tactics mod to be banned when the AGOT mod supposedly has rape and prima nocta as well.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

And then after that we can get an expansion fleshing out all the religions that haven't been fleshed out yet. :getin:

If by that you mean "Add even more flavor to the Norse", then yes, I'm sure Groogy can do that.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Groogy posted:

I will never surrender to the Hellenists demands!

Thank you, Groogy.

But non-Hellenic Pagans could do with some love.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I was just thinking earlier about religion related stuff based on my India game - I think part of what makes RoI feel like such an "isolated" expansion is that the mechanics behind the Dharmic religions are basically the major thing in the expansion, and there's almost zero chance of those religions ever spreading outside of the subcontinent because of the way that religious conversion mechanics work.

I was thinking that maybe there could be some kind of thing where when the MA of a religion gets really low, then essentially people of that religion might start decide to convert to one with a higher MA - not just embracing a heretical uprising but potentially switching religious groups entirely. That might kind of cause things to swing too hard in the other direction though, with random religions just popping up all over Europe with no real rhyme or reason behind it. Maybe some kind of religious bleed system instead - where rulers or courtiers with a low MA religion may decide to embrace the religion of a neighbouring ruler or a courtier they have a high opinion of (if that religion has a higher MA than their own). Maybe give cynical characters a chance to do it at higher MA as well, to allow for some religious spread to happen anyway. People with "sympathy for X" traits could also be treated the same as cynical characters, open to spontaneous conversion to a neighbour's religion even at higher MA levels, but only to one that they're sympathetic towards. Naturally zealous characters would never spontaneously convert even with a MA of zero (this should also apply to religious heads so you don't somehow end up with a Buddhist Pope).

The main reason this makes sense in my head is that while it is funny to see Catholicism eat itself when you're playing as a Muslim or Pagan and just holy war the poo poo out of their MA, it does seem kind of weird to me that they'll adopt a ton of crazy heresies but none of them even consider switching to Orthodox Christianity, or hell, converting to Islam or whoever else is destroying them.

Maybe they could just open up the concept of missionaries entirely and just let you put them in any county neighbouring your own territory (as well as Pagan capitals, because that still seems like a logical mechanic to me) and let religion spread that way. Much like Pagans, rulers could choose to let the missionaries stay or imprison them (or maybe just banish them so it's not quite as dangerous as Pagan conversion).

When the Byzantines were getting their butts kicked by the Muslims, they didn't think of becoming Norse or Catholics. They thought of becoming Iconoclasts.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Pakled posted:

I love the wacky religions that nomad hordes can convert to. My last game, some Khan converted to Jainism.

The best part is that the only thing he gains from it is +1 piety per month when at peace. He can't designate his heirs and I don't think the opinion bonus applies to tribal vassals.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Another Person posted:

interesting to note that the Muslim faith too was/is iconoclastic (in nature, not in name), no icons, when warring Byzantium

This was in fact the justification for joining the Iconoclasts. "If these iconoclastic heathens are kicking our butts, clearly God is angry with us for having images!"

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

quote:

- Fixed a bug that made Hellenic Pagan religion available in the Ruler Designer.

Yes :kheldragar:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Every time there's a new religion or government expansion, the religion or government featured will be overpowered at release (i.e. Merchant Republics, Muslims, Norse, etc). The Nomads will probably chill after a few patches.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Would female patrician enabled Republics be able to do matri marriages though? I thought that was the hard-coded aspect - like with Muslims you could always enable female succession, but doing so would lead to a game over within a generation because you wouldn't have the ability to produce an heir of your dynasty (although I suppose you can sidestep that now with seduction focus and producing a bunch of bastards).

Yeah the Muslims empires are a lot less stable than they used to be, especially since they buffed up the Shia rising event to actually post a significant threat. This is a screenshot of my India game and the state of the Umayyad and Abbasid dynasties, after starting at Charlemange:

What's not actually clear in that screenshot is that the Abbasids in Arabia do NOT control the Caliphate - they lost it ages ago in a decadence revolt and the ones there now were one of the old vassals of the empire that managed to gain independence and recapture some of their old territory. The Caliphate/Arabian empire is controlled by the Khaireddin dynasty. Also bear in mind that none of this stuff was my doing - I'm India in this game and have basically never interacted with the Muslims until fairly recently when I formed the Indian empire, and they were already in this state for ages when I did that.

Maybe I ought to try the Charlemagne start again.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hadaka Apron posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Indian start?

1081 Palas are good, imho.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Baalfrog posted:

So apparently I got myself an albino bear from one of my warriors during the nerg (basically the great hunt of the mongols, if I am not mistaken). Then this popped up, it gives 200 prestige too.
This is amazing. :allears:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Clochette posted:

I keep getting cucked. :saddowns: I'm only two generations into a new game and my vassals have hosed my wives or concubines on at least four separate occasions.

Am I the only person this doesn't happen to? I've never had a big problem with people cuckolding my wives.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

simonwolf posted:

Has anyone ever actually seen the Shia win in recent builds? I get the notification all the time but I don't think I've ever seen them successfully break away.

I'm tempted to just console it in, next time.
They've changed the way the Shia spawn their armies. In the past, the Shia could overwhelm with sheer numbers, but now they're set to spawn with always fewer troops then the guys they're invading. It's based on the invadee's current levies, so even if the invadee has been devastated in a war, the Shia will still be weaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Has anyone seen this mod yet? :stare:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505286584

It's called Harem Kings. I'll let the description speak for itself.

quote:

Such a powerful ruler as yourself - deserve a little extra company!

* Features
* Requirements
* Installation
* Recommendations

Removing restrictions and adding some fun -
This mod aims to bring Harem Love to the Medieval Era!

Main features:
Create a new religion where you can have up to 28 wives at ones.
Hold Tributes to promote your new Harem religion and spread the love.
No family marriage restrictions (except for underage children of course).
Much easier to negotiate marriage with people from other religions.
Seduce who you want -
Seduce all family members (same sex romance still require the homosexual trait).
Seduce your prisoners so they'll never want to leave.
Seduce as many as you want at the same time (who says men can't multitask?).
Reduced AI seducing (basically gone) - there can be only one master of seduction!
Unfaithfulness discovery chance tried removed - have both wives AND lovers!

To ensure your new beautiful religion won't be entirely outmatched three Holy Orders stand ready:
The Otaku Wizards - Insanely devoted. Became wizards at the virgin age of 30...
The Maids-Sama - Some say a skimpy cottom dress and a revealing apron is poor armour... luckily for them I haven't made any skins.
The Fangirls - I'm sure women will flock to your banners when you make a religion where only men can have harems with obedient girls that can't internally fight... pretty sure...

Seperate version - More Wives and Concubines

Allows for multiple wives/concubines for all people of all religions. May result in an abundace of AI children.

Requirements:

- Way of Life, for seduction.
- Sword of Islam, for polygamy.

Installation:

Click subscribe (yeah, you know this by now).
Now all you need to do is 'check' the box besides "Harem Kings" when starting the game.

This mod does not play nice with other mods, which have edited the 00.religions or way_of_life_decisions files:
This includes gutenmod - though most features from this mod are present here as well.

Recommendations:
Slvrbuu's CKII Cheat Menu - Many wives equals many problems, this can take care of most.
Underhanded Tactics - Torture, ♥♥♥♥ and adultery - I support this mod to the bitter end!!!!!!!!!
AND OF COURSE some real adult mods:
DarkWorld by dewguru - full of brilliant goodies and great female focus.
AB mod by Gurges - offering more naughty related events and torture as well.

Mod originally inspired by:
Gutenmod by GutenTag - the ability to remove silly restrictions.
Godless Kings by Malafein - for religion making and general build.

FAQ:
Q How do you start the new religion?
A. In intrigue tab there should be a option to become Harem Lover, once that you can make the religion.
Q. I can't seduce anyone, help, HELP!!!!
A. did... did you... you know... choose the seduction focus???

Version 1.0 beta
Most updated version always found on loverslab.

• Locked thread