Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Saith posted:

So basically, I was wondering if there are any guides on making a new religion? We've played together in the past, and pretty much all of us think that vikings are fun as hell, so I want to mod in a (totally ahistorical) Druidic religion using the raiding and prepared invasion mechanics. If anyone knows of any tutorials about this, that would be great since I can't for the life of me find any

Realistically, you could probably use the Celtic/Druidic religion from "Ancient Religions Reborn" as a starting-off point for adding in your religion, provided that you keep it from being shared online of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

:suicide: drat misspellings.

I need to change the name anyway. It started as Inuit Pagan but I changed that after it said "You are playing as a Inuit Inuit Pagan" and now I saw it say "Ar(c)tic Pagan Pagan" so back to the drawing board. I have a reformed name for it already, Kilarukilisiilak, but coming up with a bland unreformed name is hard. Maybe Polar? North Arctic?

Also, this religion may be worse than West African. You got no boats on an island at the farthest point from civilization. With pagan prestige penalties. It's bad.

Most of the vanilla names for the ethnic pagan religions just use the first half of whatever ethnicity the religion pertains to, e.g. "Germanic" instead of "Germanic Pagan" and "Slavic" instead of "Slavic Pagan".

So I guess just using "Inuit" (or "Thule" if you wanted to be more historically accurate, as the various Inuit identities were still a single ethnic group spreading across northern Alaska by this time), and then using "Kilarukilisiilak" or whatever for the reformed name.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

When playing Charlamange does it make any difference if you burn the sacred tree or not for the huge Saxon rebellion?

It helps lower Germanic moral authority, and subsequently makes the region easier to convert.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"Now I remember - you're that new member of the Wolf Warriors. So you, what - fetch the mead?"

• Locked thread