Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

The Norse conquest of India is progressing nicely, and most of it happened without my intervention! I couldn't be more proud of my vassals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Edison was a dick posted:

Convert to Jain. Have a feast where you decimate all the wildlife and retain the best CB in the game. :kheldragar:

There was going to be an achievement called 'Jainghis Khan' where you had to attempt a WC as a Jain ruler, it was never implemented though.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Genghis Khan, of course! :black101:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Yikes...

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'm about to give After the End another go and want to play as the country/ies with the most fleshed out mechanics, any recommendations?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Holy poo poo, I've never had this happen before!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Nth Doctor posted:

My guess is the AI-formed Latin Empire?

I'm sorry, I should've made that clear!

The Byzantines got conquered by the Khazars in the 10th century and the Hospitallers won it back during a crusade, a few centuries back they converted to a kingdom and then this happened!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Are there any mods around that make the Byzantine Empire less stable? With more pretenders to the throne and switching dynasties?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Wait, what?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Torrannor posted:

That's really curious. Was the Byzantine Emperor part of the war? He's apparently married to a close relative, did you call him to war and he actually joined the crusade?

The pope (who's a part of my dynasty) probably invited him to the war and he pretty much stole my siege scores out from under me.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Sure, your Holiness. Whatever you say!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Torrannor posted:

Good luck crossing the entirety of the Abbasid realm to get to Baluchistan. It will be fun when all your guys die of insufficient supply along the way.

The Abbasid Empire collapsed a few centuries ago, the whole Middle East/Persian region is filled with its successor states. The Abbassid sultanate being the most eastern one.

The pope still lost almost all of his men trying to get to the place, what an idiot!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Now they're just being silly...

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I was doing so well, too! The 2nd Indian Crusade could've been a major victory for Christendom... :negative:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Excelzior posted:

..can't you just join with your heir and get all the war score & contribution back immediately?

I did, I regained my contribution but lost my occupations which means there's a -123% modifier working against us...

My holy orders are decimating everything the Hindus are throwing at me, though! I might still win this!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

That makes sense, Christianity has done very well for itself while Islam pretty much crashed and burned early on.

Behold:

What to do now? Do I give the kingdom to a relative? Do I go for the empire of Italia?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

My king just murdered his way through hostile Muslims lands (there's a Jihad going on) just so he could crush a minor revolt in the Indian territories! So silly yet so enormously badass!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Deus Vult!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Man, that musta been one easy crusade, as they're usually the only Jain around, if they haven't gone Hindu. Of course, now you can start on taking over India or releasing it with family members mostly in charge.

The religious setup ATM.

I'm not going for the empire title as kind of a self-imposed challenge, instead I'm going to try to get my dynasty on as many thrones as possible! Gujarat will also be gifted to a relative of mine as soon as it's predominantly Catholic.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Meet the Banu Taghlib sultanate, the new and improved Abbasid clowncar!

They started out as Sheikhs in Baghdad and carved out their own kingdom when the Abbasid empire imploded. They just managed to reconquer Byzantine Spain just as the Aztecs have landed.

EDIT:

I spoke too soon! :(

Vichan fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

So what's this I hear about Conclave being the last bit of DLC released for CK2?

• Locked thread