Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah it's good. hope hong kong is as good or better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

yeah the decking bits are pretty awful no matter how you slice it

the magic is pretty ignorable except for support magic

yeah decking sucks poo poo. i think they're completely redoing it for honk kong though so fingers crossed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i don't know, the combat's not great but i don't think ammo management would help. i like the resource system idea, but i think it'd be better to make the abilities more interesting instead of just -numbers on hit, -hit but +damage poo poo and give them a finite resource instead

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that was my problem with the combat, it felt like it was all tactical positioning which is cool but once you got there you didn't have anything interesting to do other than hit the murk a guy button, or maybe the ability that lets you murk guys better

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

it's pretty drat weird that minus like a handful of guns all of the weapon types have like two variations per tier at most, and it's usually just the smartgun vs the extra damage gun. dragonfall added a few to help alleviate this a little but drat, it would take like a day of work to make loading out way more interesting

yeah that's the other lovely thing, equipment just isn't interesting at all. loot's a key part of a good rpg and in this it's just boring as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

i dont even mind lack of loot but shadowrun is in some way or another about preparing for specific tasks and you cant really do that at all minus swapping party members or stocking up on specific consumables

yeah that's totally true. that's the thing i guess, with a few exceptions other than some token gimmicks every mission ended up the same as every other mission so your prep was always do i have enough stuff to deal with this mission yes/no. that could be a really cool aspect of the game if like you had to do a quick side mission to get a special decker program that's better at dealing with the main mission target's ice or some information that made your disguise better or something but if you gently caress up the side mission you make the main mission harder. or hell, even some say in how the mission parameters are set, like if your team's better at sneaking and talking you talk to your fixer and try to push for the initial plan to be an infiltration instead of a smash and grab or w/e

• Locked thread