Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm like 12 hours in as an elven street samurai with a shotgun. it's a pretty good game, i like the setting and it's nice not to be saving the world b/c you are the chosen one or whatever for once. anyone else play this game? my only complaint is the system is retarded, particularly cover

thank u for ur time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its cool that talking to your party members isn't a transparent influence system, too. i just beat KOTOR 2 and by the end i was getting erally fed up with the quanitifed friendship system, i like that dragonfall leaves it ambiguous

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm on the last mission and i heard some of the player made stuff is pretty good, anyone got any recommendations on that front

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thats a shame, i really like a lot of things about the game but i wish it was longer + broader and had more item variety. i did every side quest and ended up putting like 16 hours in, some good community content would've helped

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

it's pretty drat weird that minus like a handful of guns all of the weapon types have like two variations per tier at most, and it's usually just the smartgun vs the extra damage gun. dragonfall added a few to help alleviate this a little but drat, it would take like a day of work to make loading out way more interesting

this was a major problem for me, i went straight from KOTOR 2 to Dragonfall and it's just night and day how much more fun KOTOR is in that regard than shadowrun. i've used a smartlink revolver, because i don't even need 90% of the pistol abilities, and a burst fire shotgun for two thirds of the game because there were no upgrades

only ever changed armor once when i got a care package thing from the Lodge or whatever. would've really appreciated some more kit customization

also the looting system that doesn't let you transfer loot to other members of your party, just your immediate inventory or stash, is sorta irritating. but since theres so little loot it kinda evens out

the good story and acceptable combat scenarios make up for a lot of this but i can't help but feel it'd be a truly excellent RPG if they had more money for that sort of thing.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what rpg should i play next, imp zone? i'm on an RPG bender and after KOTOR 2 and SR:DF i'm not really feeling fallout 3. i still have Avadon, which looked interesting, but since the sale is coming up price may not be an issue and i could get something more legit

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

have you played pillars of eternity

i played like the first five or six hours but never got a legit copy to keep playing so that is def high on my list

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

despite all of dragonfall's flaws though, i am feeling pretty satisfied after the ending. felt like a solid experience

i think i got the bad one though, APEX threatened to murder me so i decided to go with the evil dragon at the end, and then the epilogue was about a horrible civil war engulfing the city enabled by my character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i bet my dude got hella rich though.

• Locked thread