Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It has some of the same fundamental problems the first game did but its not a turd like that one. Mostly the lack of scope and ambition and how limited it is, which they ddi for a good reason cuz theyre one of the only indie ppl who can actually deliver on time and budget. Cuz they know how to cut poo poo. unfortch it means their games arent that good. Dragonfall is an improvement in every way but still not enough. I mean if you're gonna make a linear mission based tactical rpg, and have like no exploration or feeling of being in a big world then at least make the drat combat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

I have high hopes that the developer of this game will one day make a truly good CRPG once they have enough cash.

Same. I hope they have a lot of success and keep making bigger and bigger budget games until they make something good, and not do some fucktarded poo poo where they try to make more than 1 game at a time or smth.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Ok so they're spreading themselves thin making a bunch of small scale poo poo instead of something epic. gently caress you indie devs.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I'm angry at gaming.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
If games are fun there are no games. Gaming has betrayed me and must pay the ultimate price.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

01011001 posted:

it's better in the director's cut at least

original campaign was pretty bland but this part owned

Yeah its better, just like dragonfall is better than the 1st one, but its still not good enough.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Cyberspace is just total poo poo though, almost all of the programs are worthless so it devolves to your decker spamming their biggest attacks at the IC while grunting through a robot voice changer.

Yes

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I've been having fun with the game but I also don't like how limited it is and can't really define what I don't like about the combat besides "it doesn't feel that good to play."

Idk i think short cds + unlimited ammo makes for a pretty boring repetitive style of play where you just spam your most powerful skills on cd... and theres no resource management really to speak of. Sure you got a couple nades maybe but meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Frog Act posted:

i'm on the last mission and i heard some of the player made stuff is pretty good, anyone got any recommendations on that front

Its ba

• Locked thread