Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Haha, yeah the subway game is the other one that the translators decided could just gently caress itself in the whole rear end for the PSX US release. I recommend looking up an LP of the whole game, as it's not any less insane taken with the full story. (Like the wife ends up getting kidnapped by thieves, or the son gets shrunk down ant-man style). There are a few repeat challenges, like I think at least three if not all four family members end up on that guy's boat and bailing water. I love that this game was chosen during that brief "anything goes" period of PSX releases where a bunch of weird games got brought to the west, like Mr. Mosquito or Guitaro Hero that are still super Japanese in their style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
Seeing as there was one "minigame" left I'm only curious what would have been. But that subway level is loving impossible without being Japanese.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There are a lot more games, just not many for the dad. Plus I'm not 100% sure how the bonus game seems to work with that card shuffle mechanic that wasn't in the PSX game...instead they were just additional levels (each family member got a scenario). But the teenage daughter has one where she sings karaoke--badly, with her friends and the little simon looking alien thingie she finds. It's very much a word game iirc.

What I AM surprised by is between the gurney ride game and the elevator in the story, the dad is in the back of an ambulance (he falls out as the transition to the other game) and the game is a rapid fire trivia game that gets harder and harder at about the speed of the subway bomb game. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing they would be able to translate either.

Here's the level on the Playstation Japanese version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMnjB673wc

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 21, 2016

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
Here we are. We've arrived to the finale of Season 4, and the ending to H2H. We play a mini-game style video game called Got-Cha Mini Game Festival, which is eerily similar to Bishi Bashi Champ. It may not have been the best game of the season, but it will answer some questions we've been waiting to see answered. Will someone really get sent to Antarctica? Will MCIHAD continue into another season? Does anyone really care?

Maybe. . .Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giB-UF05kF4

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
We care and love you all. Your friendship is beautiful and inspiring. May you douchebag on into infinity!

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
In case you just wanted to see the results section for H2H, here you go.

https://youtu.be/rqdvSw3wwLc

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I hope you'll consider taking this as an opportunity to add some much needed diversity to your roster. May I suggest a puppet?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I hope you'll consider taking this as an opportunity to add some much needed diversity to your roster. May I suggest a puppet?

Wait, Kyle's not a puppet? I am far less impressed with this show now.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Suspect Bucket posted:

Wait, Kyle's not a puppet? I am far less impressed with this show now.

Aren't the post-Dead Nick Mondays episodes recorded with a puppet possessed by Nick's undead spirit?

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
Everything everyone said is canon.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I laughed way too much at "Please leave my house... and the country".

If next season we can get random updates from Kyle encased in a block of ice, I'll be a happy man.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

What's the actual story behind Kyle's trip to Antarctica? Job-related stuff?

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Gimmick Account posted:

What's the actual story behind Kyle's trip to Antarctica? Job-related stuff?

Keith and Kyle both like to travel and eventually had to go to Antarctica. I'm actually working on a blog that I can post on here that just goes over my experience there, if everyone is interested in that.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Absolutely, Antarctica is fascinating.

Hey, maybe this will finally bring in the big pageview counts, woohoo~

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

AMovieReference posted:

Keith and Kyle both like to travel and eventually had to go to Antarctica. I'm actually working on a blog that I can post on here that just goes over my experience there, if everyone is interested in that.

Oh wow, I thought that was just clever greenscreening and AfterEffects. Post!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
The only puppeteering going on here is the convincing illusion that Kyle made it off the polar cap and back into society. Also, as mentioned, my vengeful spirit powering this meat machine.

I like that there was a "no way he's actually there" response to the finale.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Dirt Wizard posted:

The only puppeteering going on here is the convincing illusion that Kyle made it off the polar cap and back into society. Also, as mentioned, my vengeful spirit powering this meat machine.

I like that there was a "no way he's actually there" response to the finale.

Speaking of, here's part I of the multipart series to milk out the MCIHAD hiatus. Might put up two of these a week, since we don't know how long it will be until we get to record more poo poo.

Keep in mind, this is just a vlog of Antarctica, not really MCIHAD related. I made it since a lot of folks were telling me they were really curious in how the trip was. Enjoy, part II will be tomorrow, and has me actually on land doing poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRALB8rIlBU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I only realized that the swaying was still an ongoing thing when you specifically pointed it out... hoooly crap. Up to that point, I thought that your girlfriend was just holding onto the railing due to some lingering sea-sickness from earlier in the day. Poor Caitlynn (and my apologies in advance for probably butchering the spelling of your name, too)!

This is all very interesting, though. I've never seen any documentary material about Antarctica that sheds light on the everyday-life-aspects of the stay there - It's usually all very sciencey.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Gimmick Account posted:

I only realized that the swaying was still an ongoing thing when you specifically pointed it out... hoooly crap. Up to that point, I thought that your girlfriend was just holding onto the railing due to some lingering sea-sickness from earlier in the day. Poor Caitlynn (and my apologies in advance for probably butchering the spelling of your name, too)!

This is all very interesting, though. I've never seen any documentary material about Antarctica that sheds light on the everyday-life-aspects of the stay there - It's usually all very sciencey.

Here's some extra stuff I posted on imgur earlier today if you wanted more before we make you needlessly wait until tomorrow to get more content.

http://imgur.com/a/QvT6L

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
Here's a double wammy for you, more Antarctica stuff, and also the Best of Season 4.

Antarctica part II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah4braKE4sQ

Best of Season 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xoJ7_y7Yw

Also, we put season 4 playlist in order of recording, so you can check that out too if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUhqouZc2frf0iCBv_fr__XaI8kFIZLE9

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 29, 2016

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
New Year, same old monsters! Just a heads up for everyone, we are closing in on another recording session. Get in your last minute requests, because we are slaves to your whim!

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Please tell me Waku Waku 7 is in there as part of the Head to Head bits. If not, consider this a request for it.

It's a pretty good fighting game that's helped by a rather diverse cast of characters(even if there's not that many to choose from)

Smoke fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 3, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Oh man, it just dawned on me that you guys haven't played Cadash. Holy poo poo, you have to do Cadash. It would've been the first game I requested had it not slipped my mind.

Also Karnov's Revenge (AKA Fighter's History Dynamite) would be a fun head-to-head.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Dirt Wizard posted:

New Year, same old monsters! Just a heads up for everyone, we are closing in on another recording session. Get in your last minute requests, because we are slaves to your whim!

This request is very dependent on how familiar it is to at least one of you (the less familiar, the better), but Dig Dug 2

Also the Arcade Punch-Outs

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

This request is very dependent on how familiar it is to at least one of you (the less familiar, the better), but Dig Dug 2

Also the Arcade Punch-Outs

Goddamn! The arcade version of Punch Out is WAY harder than the NES version! I sauntered up to one a few months ago, confident as the dawn, and I got my loving face caved in by Glass Joe. I stood stock still in the arcade, weeping bitter tears as nonplussed bar patrons avoided looking at me for too long, the lyrics of Starbomb's Punch Out parody song echoing as mocking laughter in my head. Also I was naked and realized I had 12 hours left to write a term paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
Just so everyone knows, we're not dead. We're actually nearly done with this recording session. Hopefully it doesn't suck. We're also trying to make sure a hiatus doesn't happen again, so we're also drafting up a patreon or some poo poo because we have delusions of grandeur.

We'll probably reboot the thread so that Keith doesn't have the front page rights and then go to loving Asia for 4 months and nothing gets updated.

Anyhow, thanks for sticking around. Sorry for the wait! Here's some penguins to hopefully tide you over in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5H0E99w6Sw

Here's the rebooted thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808062

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 30, 2017

• Locked thread