Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AMovieReference posted:

Man, my dream is to one day have a racing game cabinet in my house. I can't decide if it would be something like Hydro Thunder, or San Francisco Rush: 2049.

The coolest (and most difficult) one I've seen was this really awesome looking F-Zero game, where you sat in an actual pod and everything. I remember the controller being slightly broken, so I didn't get the full experience, but I think the whole cart moved the way the vehicle did in the game too.

Ummmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You should play Vindicators - it's cool and good

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
didn't realise sega did a jurassic park game before the model 3 version - which was loving amazing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AMovieReference posted:

Alright, I think we got a number of requests done this time around. So look forward to the new stuff starting February (I say that as if new stuff isn't already coming out, but drat this poo poo is so old to us now.)

I suppose a little peak behind the curtain is necessary, but we normally like to all get together and play the games on a couch and switch the controller off, but the issue is that we all three live in completely different states now, so being able to do something like this, is a bit difficult to do terribly often. So we just sort of block out a week and record as much stuff as we possibly can, until we all hate each other and contemplate why the hell we're doing this show. I think this time around we got something like 40 episodes or so? (Which is freaking crazy). That's why we do "seasons". In Dragon Bowl, and like 2 or 3 others, we've attempted doing stuff over the internet, but doing the whole emulator thing online isn't where you'd hope it would be by now, so we have to resort to having just one player play. So we hopefully get around to playing all the requests the "right way" for you guys. I enjoy it more when we all can play, and I personally think it's more entertaining that way.

Anyhow with all that said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNYaWCzP4M

This was actually a cool game, and after all that explanation, you can likely guess how this one was recorded.

A little surprised I have not heard of game before, it's made by Irem who did r-type and you can totally tell the use the same engine, neat concept

• Locked thread