Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

Unglaublich.

Games should bring back the random photo backgrounds. Especially if they tie them into current events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Looks like Indy and Sallah have had a falling out.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

If you want another game to add to the list, try Two Tigers (co-op fighter planes trying to sink ships). This was my favorite for the longest time, and I'm wondering how it looks now.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Mt. Rushmore does seem a lot smaller than you'd expect, because you have to get super close to feel the perspective, but you can still see it from a fair distance. I think there's also a perception that it's as large as a whole mountain (something like Denali, or Fuji, or Mt. Rainier) when really it's more in the scale of a largish hotel on the side of a mountain.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 12, 2015

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Is Mikey a Hungarian superstar?

Funny that you mention using an arcade-quality joystick on this game of all games ... you were as likely to find it in the wild with only buttons for movement. e: I should have watched the TV clip before mentioning that... you can see clearly how it was controlled there.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 17, 2016

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The French heir to the throne is the dauphin. Using the name 'dolphin' would probably be a reference to Mark Twain, who has a character referred to as 'the Dolphin' in Huckleberry Finn [people claiming to be the true heir to the deposed French monarchy were a dime a dozen. It was the 19th Century version of claiming to be Anastasia.] I either just ruined your joke or explained something you didn't care about.

That looked a pretty decent game, with funny banter between the characters. Good ep.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Not if Suzanne Somers has anything to say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCsIVZyhwo

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I like how the first mention was of Nick's 'animals', as if he was some Dr. Moreau-like figure whose creations had turned on him and killed him.

Also, the freak-outs of the characters when they start to lose are pretty intense in this game. I almost feel bad for that poor nurse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Well, that one was pretty much as I remembered it, somewhat odd flight controls and all. I'd forgotten that it there was no penalty for being killed other than losing time. And one thing that I thought was true then and this seemed to confirm - it was only balanced for the two-player mode, which made single player incredibly difficult. But if I remember rightly the ability to shoot any falling object meant that kill-stealing was totally a thing that happened in two-player.

And I always also thought it was a Japanese game about sinking American ships, but maybe that's not true based on the credits.

Thanks for playing it!

• Locked thread