Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Stumbled into this thread and watched the Metamoqester video. I had no idea what was going on, but at least I found the inspiration to Red Earth, Capcom's first CPS3 game before SF3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkwn-iloYNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Lemma posted:

Interesting, I've never seen that one either. Is there really a connection to Metamoqester, or was that just a comparison? Maybe we'll try to do Red Earth sometime, too.

It was just a comparison, I have never heard of how that game actively influenced Red Earth.

Actually, I never heard anything of either game, ever, except that it was the first CPS3 game to be released (back when I read magazines). Some characters from Red Earth have appeared in other games, particularly Tessa who appeared in Gem Fighters and SNK vs Capcom (The one made by SNK). They also had a few character slots in Capcom Fighting Jam, the compilation that also included characters from Street Fighter 2, 3, and Darkstalkers (and introduced Ingrid).

No idea if Red Earth is any good. Guess you could a insert coin and try it? :)

• Locked thread