Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fixelbrumpf
May 26, 2001

I recently came across some footage of The New Zealand Story for the first time in ages and what struck me as the weirdest thing about it at first glance was the smoking kiwi in the intro cutscene. You'd think they'd have censored that out in the releases outside of Japan but apparently they didn't! I'm not saying that the idea of a smoking kiwi isn't already weird enough to begin with, of course.

I played the Amiga port of this a bit back in the day and can't say I discovered much of the advanced gameplay features (such as warps) the game seems to offer. It's not that unlikely that many of them weren't included when the game was ported over to home computers, though, as this used to happen a lot.

The much-lauded Amiga Port of Rainbow Islands didn't include the three final islands, for instance and I almost believe this was because the programmers who did the port didn't know they existed because the way you unlock them is somewhat obscure.

fixelbrumpf fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread