Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Oh hell, I can't believe it's taken me this long to notice this thread. And you've already done Growl and Trio the Punch! :neckbeard:

A few 2-player recommendations:
Wild West Cowboys of M.O.O. Mesa (Awesome Konami run & gun, based on a short-lived cartoon I have never seen. Would be a great follow-up to Sunset Riders, if you play that.)
Snow Bros. 2: With New Elves
Blue's Journey
Art of FIghting 3: The Path of the Warrior (still maybe the prettiest fighting game ever made)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The whole Wonder Boy/Adventure Island series chronology is amazingly convoluted, and the Adventure Island overlap is just the beginning of it. Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair is the lesser-known of two completely different Wonder Boy IIIs, and the last game in the series (Monster World IV) is either Wonder Boy 5 or 6 depending upon how you're counting.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Haha, I'd heard of Snacks 'n Jackson thanks to the HG101 article, but it really didn't get across just how much weirder it looks in motion.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Quoting myself from a few months ago:

Rollersnake posted:

Oh hell, I can't believe it's taken me this long to notice this thread. And you've already done Growl and Trio the Punch! :neckbeard:

A few 2-player recommendations:
Wild West Cowboys of M.O.O. Mesa (Awesome Konami run & gun, based on a short-lived cartoon I have never seen. Would be a great follow-up to Sunset Riders, if you play that.)
Snow Bros. 2: With New Elves
Blue's Journey
Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior (still maybe the prettiest fighting game ever made)

M.O.O. Mesa would make for the most entertaining video, I think, but Snow Bros. 2 would absolutely provide material for new border art. Don't spoil that one for yourselves if you decide to do it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 17, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Quiz & Dragons is unironically one of my favorite arcade games (not that I've ever seen an actual machine), and I'd play the hell out of an updated version of it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I can't remember exactly where it is (an alternate level 2 or 3?), but I'm pretty sure you missed the level with the tanuki boss, who you can shoot in the balls to interrupt his attack.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

AMovieReference posted:

Rollersnake, I hope you're happy. Snow Bros. 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqX7M1B7xhk

After the initial select screen, this game isn't as insane as it makes you believe. It makes me think of Diet Go Go.

Yeah, definitely happy. I'm a big fan of the first game and actually haven't played Snow Bros. 2 much—I didn't even know/remember that there were overly difficult platforming stages like the one you gave up on. But I had to see your reactions to that horrifying character select screen, and they didn't disappoint.

Also, if you're still taking requests (I can't imagine the size of your backlog right now), I'd like to see you do Fixeight.

Edit: Also, My Hero. I keep editing this post because I don't want to be too greedy, especially when there are still other games I requested you haven't gotten around to, but those are both games you probably need to play.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 21, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYzQrfz8g2o

Honestly, it at least seems better than Nintendo's Yoshi while also probably being the direct inspiration for it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 15, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Aof3 does feel kind of sluggish and weird at first, but it clicked for me when I realized that it plays sort of like a hybrid between a 2D and 3D fighter and my Street Fighter/KoF techniques would only get me so far. You did a great job showing the game off, but I was hoping the whole time that one of you would pick Sinclair (the scimitar-wielding dancer), who is just the coolest.

Also I've been fascinated with that Nmbos/Aeedles roadsign since I first played this. I feel like Aeedles is maybe supposed to be Needles, CA given the setting, but why is it 2102 miles away? And what the hell is Nmbos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Oh man, it just dawned on me that you guys haven't played Cadash. Holy poo poo, you have to do Cadash. It would've been the first game I requested had it not slipped my mind.

Also Karnov's Revenge (AKA Fighter's History Dynamite) would be a fun head-to-head.

• Locked thread