Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentX
Apr 20, 2002
I haven't lived the RV life but recently became interested and started researching. I'm convinced buying a camper van or a small class C RV and renovating it is the way to go. RVs are made of fiberglass and wood so constantly moving them will add up maintenance costs in the long run.

Best YouTubers to watch: Linescrew1, Justin Credible, a simple kid, Nomadic Fanatic, West Coast Roller, Wanderlust Estate, and Vagabloggers.

In my opinion, most essential upgrades are:

Two ventilation fans to circulate air and cut down on AC costs. Fantastic fans are expensive but a favorite among experienced van dwellers/full time RV people.

Solar panels, power inverter, and a couple deep cycle batteries are nice to keep electronics and small appliances running.

Composting toilet: $1000 for an ez-loo, you pee into one container and poo into another which eventually becomes potting soil so you don't have to deal with sewage.

Lastly, consider where you'll be living/traveling. Might as well take advantage of being on wheels and migrate somewhere cool and with less mosquitoes (not the south). If you want to live in a city, I think a van is the way to go. Or have an arrangement with a property owner where you can park your RV without getting harassed by cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread