Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sim
Sep 24, 2003

photomikey posted:

I own a '63 Airstream
your trailer will be $20 or $30k which will last you maybe 10 years and be basically worthless at the end of it (like a car).

Was your Airstream restored? Are Airstreams actually worth the price? We visited an Airstream dealership recently and of course they tried to sell us on the fact that Airstreams don't use wood/formaldehyde, last longer, etc. I love the interiors, but for half the price we could buy any other travel trailer and spend $5k updating the interior to our liking.

I'm seriously considering full timing next year, but I'm having a hard time choosing between travel trailer, fifth wheel, and motorhome. One of the problems we're struggling with is we still need a car that my wife can drive around town. I'll be working remotely, so it's a must that my wife and daughter can take the car to get supplies and just get away from my "office" for a couple hours each day. Neither of us likes big trucks, so we also don't want to own a car that we'll hate driving if we stop living in the RV after a few months.
  • travel trailer: lighter - so we can pick a tow car we'd actually keep long term, but of course limited on space
  • fifth wheel: most livable space, including a lot of floor-plans with a bunkhouse for our daughter, but requires a truck
  • motorhome: easiest to drive and setup, but expensive as we'd still need a (small) tow car
All the advice I read says it's up to your personal preference, so that never helps. I don't want to make the mistake of picking too small of an RV, but is the difference between 300 and 400 square feet really noticeable? Will my wife hate driving an F-350 around town as much as we think? Is towing a with a motorhome car as much of a pain as towing a trailer with a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread